I’m planning to upgrade my OS from Vista to Windows 7
Since I put a lot of work into my library I absolutely want to make sure I don’t f*k it up.
I have some questions concerning the backup and restoring of my database.
(btw: I’ve already read about this, but like I said: I want to make sure..)
The situation is as follows:
Right now I have 3 internal hard drives:
1. C:\ (XP) + D:\ (Vista) [160Gb]
2. E:\ (multimedia) [500Gb]
3. F:\ (all the music) [1Tb]
I want to remove the first one (160) and put in a new 1Tb.
Before doing that I will backup the third (1Tb) and the second (500) HD to my brother’s computer.
Then the 500G drive will be used for Windows7, the others for the rest of my files.
1 D:\ (Win7) [500Gb]
2 E:\ (multimedia) [1Tb]
3 F:\ (all the music) [1Tb]
Okay now the questions:
1. What do I need to do to make absolutely sure I can recover my database the way it is now?
- Is trixmoto’s script sufficient/better in this case? (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=7746
- Or Should I follow this guide:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... w_computer
2. Will I be able to recover ALL the information from my library? (= including playcount, date added, nested auto-playlists,..)
3. Is it important to re-install mediamonkey on the same location as it is now (= same drive letter?)
4. Is there something that can go wrong? Should I be aware of something?
I know I can find this information all over the place, but I find it important to double-check this.
I appreciate any help.