How Can I Ignore Track Gap When Ripping CDs

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

torrid

How Can I Ignore Track Gap When Ripping CDs

Post by torrid »

I am using MM 4.1.31.1919. I am attempting to rip a CD, in this case The Beatles Love soundtrack, so that there are no gaps between tracks when played back. When a CD is intended to not have gaps between the tracks it is unsettling for them to appear and they really hurt the listening experience. Others may have found this to be true on concert discs and the like.

I thought there was an option to allow "Side as One" ripping but I can't seem to find it.

Regards

edit: 9/16: 2:58 Improved clarity of title
Peke

Re: How Can I Ignore Track Gap When Ripping CDs

Post by Peke »

Hi,
MM5 better handle track buffering and for MMW Enable crossfading -> Right click on player -> Setup output plugin and make crossfade time 0.5s and it should work.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
torrid

Post by torrid »

Thanks for the reply, but I am looking for a ripping solution, not a playback approach. I say this because I use the PLEX app on Roku and PlexAMP on Android for playback. Ideally, the albums would playback without gaps regardless of the player I use. If the CD rips as a single file, I am fine with that. After more research that seems to be the only "universal" solution. So, is there a way to tell MM to ignore the tracks and just rip an image of the CD?

If there is another CD ripper that would solve my problem, I'd be willing to work with that too.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, MediaMonkey can't Rip a CD as a single file.
torrid

Post by torrid »

Thanks for the simple answer. Are you aware of an application that will rip CDs as a single file? Ideally, this would be a FLAC file.