Root Directory Album Folders not Present- What have I done wrong?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Mike Markum

Root Directory Album Folders not Present- What have I done wrong?

Post by Mike Markum »

Hello,

I do not know what I did, but when I rip a CD, all of the tracks are being stored in the root directory, but not in album folders. All of an album's files will be scattered in the root, music folder. All the 1s with the 1s, etc. I didn't do anything intentional, as all I expect from MM is to keep my collection organized and allow me to play it.
This is a relatively recent phenomena, and older folders are not affected.
I do like to copy albums from the root directory to my cell phone, and now I can't because the files are scattered.

Any help would be appreciated,

Mike
Lowlander

Re: Root Directory Album Folders not Present- What have I done wrong?

Post by Lowlander »

Where files are ripped as set with a Mask in the Rip dialog,

You may want to add something like \<Album Artist>\<Album>\ to the Destination Mask to get folders per Album Artist and then sub-folders for Albums.

Any files already on your PC can be changed with Tools > Auto-Organize Files using the exact same Mask.
Mike Markum

Post by Mike Markum »

Thank you,

I will take a look at that.

Mike
Mike Markum

Post by Mike Markum »

To Lowlander or any others,

Using MM, I can see all of the tracks that are not in album folders within the root location. Do I select all of those and then use a mask from within the auto-organize tools from the tool column? It's the order of operation I want to be careful about.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, you select the files in the root and use Tools > Auto-Organize Files. The changes will be shown prior to applying them so verify they are as desired.