Deleted Files Still Showing Up

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Spencer2424

Deleted Files Still Showing Up

Post by Spencer2424 »

I just moved all my MP3 files over to a new hard drive, and changed the file monitor setting to scan this new drive. But now I have duplicates of every file as it still shows the songs from the old drive location. I've read through the comments related to this, but nothing I've seen on here fixes the issue. I have nearly 100K files, so going through a deleting them manually is not an option. There must be a way to get MM to stop showing these dead file locations for every single track in my library. Please help!
Lowlander

Re: Deleted Files Still Showing Up

Post by Lowlander »

You can remove them from Music > Files to Edit > Dead Links in the Media Tree or if they don't show there remove the drive from Music > Location.
Spencer2424

Post by Spencer2424 »

Thanks for this info. It was tricky to find these locations, as I kept looking in the settings - library area. The dead links edit did not work, but removing the old drive from location seems to be doing the trick. It's in the process of apparently deleting the old links now - hopefully that will do the trick!
gregorywest

Post by gregorywest »

I am having the same issues. In my case the entire sub-tree structure has been removed. When I go through the Locates -> Files 2 edit. And select 'disconnected links'. I then delete those items, and they are gone. But when I look at 'Albums' all the albums and tracks are still there, just not playable. Anyone have any idea why I can not get rid of the old detail?