Updating to most current version problem

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

darkmattress

Updating to most current version problem

Post by darkmattress »

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I update Media Monkey? I go to Help, Check for Updates, and a dialog comes up stating that "MediaMonkey 4.1.13.1801 is the current version" (which it most certainly is not). I seem to remember having done this in the past and I messed something up because I just installed the latest version of MediaMonkey over the current. I have the Gold version (purchased many years ago).
Peke

Re: Updating to most current version problem

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can download latest MM4 version from link supplied at https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... diamonkey/

If your license key starts with INF- then you can install MM5, but as you are using very old version of MM4 I would suggest that you first update to latest MM4 and then install MM5 that will ask you for importing settings and library from MM4.

NOTE: MM5 and MM4 can coexist together as two separate installations so you do not need to uninstall MM4.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
darkmattress

Post by darkmattress »

Thank you for the link. I guess I'm unclear on the update process itself. I downloaded the most current version and started the install, but it seemed like it didn't know I already had MediaMonkey installed. I want to stick with v4 for now, I just want the most up to date v4. Do I delete the previous instance of MM and fresh install the new or would this make me lose all my settings?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Install it on top of the existing install, no need to uninstall.
darkmattress

Post by darkmattress »

Thanks, I was unsure if I would lose something if I did that. Looks like it may have reset some of my display settings in the tree, but nothing too bad.