Album Art is not working properly

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

cloud#wolf1

Album Art is not working properly

Post by cloud#wolf1 »

Hello. I would be really grateful for help. I am running MM4 and have both mp3 and flac files that I play. I am trying to get the album art to show on an album. I have the art saved as a JPEG in the same folder as the music files that I want to label. A small image of the album art does show in now playing when playing a track and it can be enlarged from there. However the artwork does not show in the artwork column, which is the place I would go to first. Any thoughts?
Peke

Re: Album Art is not working properly

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you sure that you saved image to file?

Have you tried to replicate this using MediaMonkey 5?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
cloud#wolf1

Post by cloud#wolf1 »

Hi. Yes there is a JPEG copy of the album front cover in the same folder as the flac files. I have not tried this using MM5. I'd love to fix this but I think that it is a glitch. The cover art was there. Don't know what I did, but now it isn't - apart from the little art stamp when you play a track.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What does Properties > Artwork tab show for one of these files? Does it show no Artwork or a blank Artwork in the first position?
cloud#wolf1

Post by cloud#wolf1 »

Hi. Properties artwork for one of these files shows a copy of the cover art that I want. (Only one picture, nothing else).
Peke

Post by Peke »

cloud#wolf1 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:18 pm Hi. Yes there is a JPEG copy of the album front cover in the same folder as the flac files. I have not tried this using MM5. I'd love to fix this but I think that it is a glitch. The cover art was there. Don't know what I did, but now it isn't - apart from the little art stamp when you play a track.
It is possible that you have corrupted cache file. I suggest that you clean MM cache folders from Windows Temp.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
cloud#wolf1

Post by cloud#wolf1 »

Thank you for your suggestion. I've cleaned out the cache but I still have the same problem - no artwork apart from the the little pic against playing now, which I can expand. Is there anything else that I can try? Everything else works just fine, it is just this one jpeg. (I've also tried changing the jpeg for a different picture, but that doesn't make any difference.)