Getting Rid Of Media Monkey

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Getting Rid Of Media Monkey

Post by Guest »

I downloaded Media Monkey and I'm not happy with it at all.
It changed all my files into Media Monkey files, and I have no way of getting them back to the original MP3 files. I tried used the converter that the program provides you with, but its slow, and still doesn't change the fact that they are media monkey files.
When I have Media Monkey open, it won't let me open any other windows, so now I just want to get rid of it. How do I do that without getting rid of the 500 music files I have downloaded?
Don't tell me to just uninstall it because I have done that, and then I'm left with 500 media monkey files that won't play on any other player.
Thanks For Your Help.
Peke

Post by Peke »

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Ok let me see.
First of all media monkey do not convert any files after his installation it only asks for file associations like a regular player ie. Winamp

Second After UnInstall Of Media Monkey have you tried to reinstall any other player or fix file associations like in Winamp,.... ?

There was a bug in restoring file associations after uninstall but I think it is solved.

Note for Lamers: Don't panic all it is dome is intented to be done ;)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jiri

Post by jiri »

From the description I would say you indeed have some old version which actually had the two bugs described (1. on uninstall file associations weren't restored, 2. new applications weren't correctly opened on some systems). Please try to download the latest version (2.1) and install it, I think you'll be satisfied then.

Jiri
Lowlander

Associated player

Post by Lowlander »

But file association shouldn't render the songs unplayable. Basically all it means is that if you click on a file it will open in that associated player. The files still play in any othere player.
Let us know more specifics on the problem like MM version and OS you are using that we might be able to help more.