My MM will only rip one track at a time, then crash.... :0(

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Post by Guest »

Everything you've just written was done two years ago.

I've written off the money and will no longer be using this software.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

And how is what was done 2 years ago relevant to the current version of the software in conjunction with the current state of your computer's hardware/software?

I'm certainly sorry your not happy with MM, but it obviously works well with the vast majority of peoples computers, so whatever issues you have/had are likely specific to your computer/software and/or certain types of configurations.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

I always make sure first that I am not the only one having the problem. As has been pointed out there are hundreds of reasons for your own PC to cause issues.

Software whether purchased or not is an evolving thing always being tweaked and improved and don't forget "it's" also trying to keep up with, or predict hardware developments and usage trends.

For me, Ripping with MM has been no issue "out of the box" It does what I expect, efficiently and with no problems.

I'm now assuming, that I am in the majority of MM users.
Grumps

Post by Grumps »

Hi Teknojnky

I am not sure to whom you are addressing in your post - I assume it is more to Guest than myself.

My problem is not with my PC in the ways you mentioned.
I tried configuring both my internal drives to WIN32 and SPTI but the same problem occurred.

I have no problem with other media players as I stated previously.

However I copy what I have just posted on my own thread:-

Hi again

I noted that I had no replies but I am back to say that if I ensure my external drive is not connected then MM recognises my internal drive contents and allows me to play and rip from them. I still believe this is a peculiarity to MM as all other media players I mentioned in previous post do not have this quirk.

I am a happier bunny now.

With the external drive disconnected I can rip to FLAC which is one reason I switched to MM - that and conversion on the fly to MP3 when synchronising to my Creative Zen (This I have yet to try).

There is something not quite right I feel but it is something I can live with.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Hi Grumps, I replied to your other thread as well, I would check for force aspi and make sure your aspi layer is correct.

If that does not help, then the only real way to figure out what is going on is to create a debug log as per the bug forum sticky thread, zip it up and email the devs a t support at mediamonkey dot com.

Perhaps then they can identify the issue as something with MM itself or maybe suggest a configuration change on your system to get it to work.
Grumps

Post by Grumps »

Hi Teknojnky

Sorry for delay in reply but have been away for a week or so.

I am happy to ensure USB drive is disconnected when using MM so I shall not persue further at this stage.

Once again thanks for your suggestions - I havent answered other thread - hope this covers both.

Best regards
Grumps
Bandolero

Ripping Problems

Post by Bandolero »

(Just in case this is the problem)

My ripping problems were created by a bad DMA setting.

Windows will change your DMA settings to an slower protocol if it fails to read a bad CD more than a few times in a row (I think 7 times) and it does not set it back.

I had this problem, but after a reset to the DMA it all worked fine.

Google for "DMA reset" and you will find how to?
rhawke

Solution for 'CD-ROM device is presently unavailable'

Post by rhawke »

Hi!

For anyone who is reading through this to find the solution for the error:

'CD-ROM device is presently unavailable'

I have good news for you. After having this problem for a few month myself Lowlander now gave me a hint:

Virtual CD drives (in my case Nero Image Drive) are interfering with MediaMonkey. Deactivate them and everything will be working again.