title bar glitch

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

aidan_cage

title bar glitch

Post by aidan_cage »

Problem with the skin graphic on the title bar when moused over. Is this fixable?

when I mouse over the title bar, it becomes a weird line (like a default windows theme)

Thanks
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Does it happen with every skin (if not, what skin is this?)? It the problem still there after a Windows restart?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

didn't you say you had to go to the mm3 alpha?

are you trying to use the mm2 skin on the mm3.
if so that might be your trouble.
the graphics need to be done more carefuly on mm3.
some of them are pulled from the left to use just a little part
of the image.
this looks like what might have happened.
the image was small and to be all black but had a white line on it some place that got pulled.

if you have the skin engine you might beable to fix it yourself if you have messed with skins before.

if not try to find the author or get blake to redo the skin for mm 3 that is what he as offered to do in the artwork room.

8)
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

The MediaMonkey version in the screenshot is 2 (see the internal player and the icons, etc.). The skin looks like a MM2 skin too. So probably that's not the problem.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

yep if it is mm 2 then there might not be an image to be shown
and it was using the desktop theme but unsure if mm 2 or 3 since blake said he is changing the skins i thought it best for him to look at the images and see if that was missing.

of course it would help to know what skin?
aidan_cage

not the skin

Post by aidan_cage »

I did try MM3, but in the end I found I missed my skin!
I uninstalled everything, cleaned everything out, and reinstalled MM2.5.5 (996)
it isn't the skin [I was using Shiny Monkey Dark in the first screen cap; this one is the native one (Blue Monkey)].

I don't know why it is doing this, but it makes me uncomfortable... :o
thanks for the help. It causes a problem when I want to minimize, or reduce to now playing, etc.

argh - Tristan
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

go to the desktop and re adjust your main desktop theme.
8)
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

how so? what do you mean re adjust?
just re select it?
I'll try a few things, but let me know if you have something in mind.

PEACE
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

just go to the desktop and try reselecting the theme if you have a preset theme for the desktop.

if you don't use the preset ones then just go to the properties and change the colors of the title bar for the inactive and the active to see if that will undo what has happened.

if not then you might have found a bug in the mm3 skinning?

as it might have changed something in the registry that it did not change back when you removed mm3.

or maybe it is even a change in the media monkey ini file?

but something changed the way the desktop theme handles the title bar so that is why i said to go to the theme and try to readjust it.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

I tried to do that just now, but no dice.
I changed the colours for the Active and Inactive Titlebar, then reloaded MM2.5

no dice, still glitchy--no need for screen cap (as seen above, it messes with the graphic)

thanks for the help. I'll keep thinking on it.

PEACE - Tristan
junglemonkey

Post by junglemonkey »

do you have a reg edit program.

use it or the one from microsoft and go in and do a search
for media monkey. look and see if you can find any mm3 hotkeys if so since you don't have mm3 remove them.

and get out. of there then restart monkey and see if it has gone away. if monkey wont start then over install it again to make sure it has all the hotkeys it needs.

those ends look black to me and not the blue border color of the second screen shot.
so it looks like the screen shots are showing it is the skin image for the command menu bar by way of showing the small area on the right and left. so it has to be something from mm3 someplace
that is not changed back when you removed it.

and since the desktop theme can't fix it then it has to be the mm skin setting someplace.

:-?
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

My Dear Friend

Something worked!
I went into the registry and did a search. I didn't find anything specific to MM3, but I did find remnants of scripts I had uninstalled when I had deleted everything. I found one called MM2.5 and deleted that. I deleted them all and just left the ones for the two scripts I am still using, then quit regedit, and booted MM...

YAY!
no titlebar glitch!!

thanks for the assistance ( no really, thank you )

PEACE AND LOVE - Tristan
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

wow all that from a bad hotkey left over from an uninstalled script.

what a lot of pain that was. :o

glad you got it fixed.

your welcome sorry it took so long to think of the registry. :(

8)

wow i spotted your arlo album cover i got the same cover i use it for the same song more then likely " the city of new orleans" we both got one song we each like.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
aidan_cage

Post by aidan_cage »

Arlo Guthrie!
yeah I really like that album!
haha
thanks again!