Transfer Embedded Art

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

A_Disciple

Transfer Embedded Art

Post by A_Disciple »

Due to my own mistake in using the clear tags function I lost all my album art. (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 6&start=15)

I was able to correct a major problem with the tags of my tracks so I would like to keep them as they are. I have a backup folder of all my tracks. This backup has the album art embedded within the tracks. Is there a way to transfer just the art to my "new" tracks?

Thanks.
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
Peke

Post by Peke »

I replied you in that topic.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Maaspuck

CopyTags

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi A_Disciple,

you could use my CopyTags Script in order to copy a set of specific tags from a source selection of files to a destination selection of files. Also embedded album art is supported.

Though i have implemented a kind of drag and drop system to reorder the destination files, you have to take care about the right order of your files as this script is not proposed to be used for a large set files in one step.

Regards

Maaspuck
A_Disciple

Post by A_Disciple »

Masspuck - thanks for your reply.

Will your script copy over the entire tag? My backup files have incorrect tag information which I do not want to copy and paste into my library. Could I just copy and paste the embedded art?
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

really, if all you want is art, then trixmoto's batch art finder or google art finder are the way to go.
A_Disciple

Post by A_Disciple »

Teknojnky wrote:really, if all you want is art, then trixmoto's batch art finder or google art finder are the way to go.
Teknojnky - those are both fine scripts and have used them extensively to find art for my 7000 song library (thanks Trixmoto).

Having spent all the time already doing this, I would like to avoid it again as I already have a backup of all my tracks with the album art embedded and would just like to transfer the art from my backup files to my "new" tracks which have corrected tags.

(The backup files, although they do have art embedded in them, do have incorrect tag information otherwise).
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I feel for your pain because at one point I lost a bunch of art from my files (still not sure how), but I just don't see much else that will be able to efficiently and accurately transfer only the art, esepcially from files that are not tagged/named the same.

I used batch art/google art finders in smaller batchest and eventually worked back through it.

Was it it the fastest way? No. However its probably the most accurate way, and I know I ended up with better art for many of the files than they had before anyway (due to improvements in scripts and art availablity).
Bex

Post by Bex »

You can also try the latest Advance Duplicate script which can copy Album art (and other tags) between any songs even if the songs aren't in the library.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
A_Disciple

Post by A_Disciple »

Teknojnky - If the art was not embedded could this have been avoided? Maybe that is the better way to use the art.

Bex - thanks for your input. I will give the Advance Duplicate script a try.
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

well, if the art was external (and named appropriately) you theoritcally could simply rescan and MM should pick it up.

which gives me another idea, if you can some how extract the embedded art from your backup files and they are named halfway decently, you should be able to do the same.

Trixmoto's 'album art tagger' script has some functions that can facilitate that, or maybe some other tagger programs can extract embedded art to .jpgs or whatever.

ie use trix script to extract the art from the backups, then use to import the now external art, back to embeded in the new files.
Last edited by Teknojnky on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maaspuck

Post by Maaspuck »

Hi A_Disciple,

yes, with my script you can just copy the album art and the script will not touch the other tag information. You will be able to select the tags to be copied to your destination files. You also will have the option to delete all albumart in the destination files before copying the new ones.

Regards

Maaspuck
A_Disciple

Post by A_Disciple »

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I will put some time into it this weekend and report back. :)
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650
A_Disciple

Post by A_Disciple »

Maaspuck and Bex - I have tried both of your scripts and I am very impressed with both. But I found the easiest way to regain my album art was to take Teknojnky's suggestion extract the art from my backup files using Trixmoto's 'album art tagger' and then to re-embed the art into my library. Worked very well. :D
1. MM4 Gold 4.1.7.1739
2. Windows 7 64-bit
3. 8GB RAM, Intel X9650