Default No Album Art Image in Artist/Album Art View

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

phanmo

Default No Album Art Image in Artist/Album Art View

Post by phanmo »

How do I change the default picture for albums with no art in the main window? I've already created the Icons folder and my NoAArt.png but it only shows in the Album Art window, not in the main window.

Another, completely unrelated question, which came up while I was typing the above... Is there any way to get MM to attribute a distiguishing suffix to files with the same name? I name my files artist - title.mp3 and organize them in genre folders. If I copy/paste with windows it ask me and then automatically adds #2 or whatever to the filename. I'd like to do that within MM if it's possible.
Phil
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I don't think the no album art image can be changed in those views yet.

Also, no idea about your renaming suffix question, maybe someone else knows.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

try making another png file.
call it NoAArtNew.png i was told one time that should change the image in the album view in the main list window. not sure if it is working yet or not. i have not tested it.
:-?

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
phanmo

Post by phanmo »

That did it. NoAArtNew.png works but it should be 100 x100 instead of 300 x 300.
Thanks for your help, guys!
Re the suffix thing... It's not really a big issue for me. It's just that sometimes I'lll have several versions of a song by the same artist, which means the same filename, the way I name. I'm just gonna copy and paste through windows rather than auto-organize with MM.
Cheers!!!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

how did you get that png to work? i know it was said to work.
and you said you got it working but i just tried it and still can't get the image to change in the album art view in the main list window? even with the 100 x 100 size image?

:o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

rovingcowboy,

simply place your new NoAArtNew.png into "{MMFolder}\Icons" folder.
phanmo

Post by phanmo »

That's all I did. I'd already created the Icons folder to put the first NoAArt.png in. I just copied that one and added the New on the end. It came up in the view but was cropped so I just resized it and kept trying until I came up with 100x100.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

PetrCBR wrote:rovingcowboy,

Yes, it works for the icons folder but unfortunately the custom icon doesn't work with skins for some reason...
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

nohitter151 wrote:
PetrCBR wrote:rovingcowboy,

Yes, it works for the icons folder but unfortunately the custom icon doesn't work with skins for some reason...
thats what is going on then cause i put the icon folder in my skins files. with a custom noaart.png file

so when i tried the newnoaart.png in there it did not work.

it did not work when i made a icons folder out side of the skin file and added it in there either?.

it did not work when i put it in the dev. icons folder which is in the plugins folder or when i put it in the scripts folder with the star and bomb png's.
or left it in the main folder or left it in the skins folder.
:o

:-?