Matroska (.mkv) support for filename editting

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Spyda

Matroska (.mkv) support for filename editting

Post by Spyda »

I am wondering if there is a way to make MM recognize the Matroska (mkv) filetype so I can use the Auto-Tag and Auto-Organize features? I do not need MM to open the video file or work with any sort of ID tags, just to do basic filename editting. I guess this question could be generalized to ask if there is a way to make MM recognize any unsupported file type in order to use the filename editting features? Or is there another app out there that someone could recommend to do this? Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Check on WinAmp if there is a plugin for this file type. If so you can try to use it in MM.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Spyda

Post by Spyda »

I forgot to mention in my original post that there are no winamp plugins available either.
jiri

Post by jiri »

I can supply sources for MediaMonkey format plug-ins so that anyone interested can implement support for this or any other format.

Jiri
donector

Post by donector »

jiri wrote:I can supply sources for MediaMonkey format plug-ins so that anyone interested can implement support for this or any other format.

Jiri
thanks jiri
i've never programmed for MM but maybe that help me to be able to add video o the database. specially matroska, that doesn't seem possible with in_VID4WA and VideoNode

I think when it comes to VIDEOS all we need from mm is that : being able to add all videos files to the database, about playing them or copying them: this should be left for the far future. bc it costs nothing once the videos are in db taggged and all: hopefully under a working video node: simply drag and drop them into media player classic mpc or vlc