Track Length Rounding seems incosistent

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Plazma

Track Length Rounding seems incosistent

Post by Plazma »

Hey all,

I have two questions for you. I am currently dealing with hundreds of mp3s from a client.
I am using the export to excel file feature to help me double check with the client's tracklist, to make sure no songs are being cut off.

It seems however that some track legnths in MM appear differently when exported to the excel file.

My first question is: Does the player round track lengths up or down or does it just truncate to the last second?
My second question is: Does the export to excel either round or truncate to the last second?

Thanks for any info you guys can shed on this, I really appreciate it.
Bex

Re: Track Length Rounding seems incosistent

Post by Bex »

Hi,

The player truncates but I suspect that the report rounds the track length.

How much difference are we talking about here?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Plazma

Post by Plazma »

The most i've seen has been off by one second. I agree with you that it may be rounding. Is this connected to a .vbs script I can edit perhaps?

For my own sake right now I'm just exporting to html then copying and pasting that into excel - as it seems the html report is analogous to MM's track listing. But this may be helpful for someone else on the forum to look out for, if they ever come across this issue.

I'll do some more poking and prying later if I can.

Thanks for the prompt reply
Bex

Post by Bex »

Look for Export.vbs in your script folder and have fun!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts