Auto-tag from web...: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request [BUG# 5605]

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

gmich

Re: Auto-tag - Couldn't show results: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Post by gmich »

Thanks for the information on the alternatives...mostly use Amazon for Album art, so I'll try the others and see how they work while the issue is fixed or use google to copy/paste art to my albums.

Thanks again.
ZenDude

Post by ZenDude »

Tried the Yahoo script and was 0-5. I know my taste aren't mainstream but I never had that many misses with Amazon. Anyone have any suggestions? I will use google for now.
reapur

Post by reapur »

I used to be able to use freedb on my music collection now it keeps saying there is no CD in the drive... dunno.

Anyway hopefully they fix soon. I like the yahoo plugin, but it can't find Kristinia Debarge's new album. Musicbrains seems to be better, found it right away.

Cheers
theloniouscoltrane

Post by theloniouscoltrane »

I've now installed all above. Discogs comes up with seemingly random responses, none of which have had any bearing on thee different CDs. Both the Yahoo and Music IP cause a catastrophic failure and shutdown; Music Brainz occasionally works if the record isn't too obscure (Joni Mitchell's For the Roses completely stumped it) but it often returns a message stating "Error executing script event."

I must be doing something wrong.
numbnuts150864

Post by numbnuts150864 »

OK so there seems to be a common problem. The un common problen is I don't have the first clue about all these scripts people keep mentioning and how to load them. Can anyone help me please. Is there a simple button or two that I can press that will do it for me or a guide for dummies I can access that will tell me how to load these scripts?

Please help!
theloniouscoltrane

Post by theloniouscoltrane »

numbnuts150864 wrote:OK so there seems to be a common problem. The un common problen is I don't have the first clue about all these scripts people keep mentioning and how to load them. Can anyone help me please. Is there a simple button or two that I can press that will do it for me or a guide for dummies I can access that will tell me how to load these scripts?
Just download the script and double click it. It will open MM, which will ask your permission to adopt the script. Then the script will be there. I usually turn MM off and back on just for the sake of making sure it gets integrated into the program.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

For script related questions please reply in the scripts thread on the forum so that the author of the script can respond to your issues.
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

Well, if that is the party line, then why oh why do you send the users to scripts, whenever there is a problem? Frankly, I am getting fed up with this. I have been forced to try a few scripts and I appreciate the authors efforts. But I had an extremely limited success with all of them (none with the latest Yahoo Tager, which just caused my system to freeze completely), and so I think that they are not a solution to MM problems, however rare they may be.

Also, I see nothing wrong with the suggestion of an (emergency) patch release, some adolescent entries about blondies and silly calls to "chill out" here notwithstanding. Things like that are done all the time (particularly since, as it now seems, there was a 60-day warning). After all, it's not as if the current release was much of an improvement. E.g., it advertised "improved album art handling", yet (see another thread) it made it impossible to install album art, say, to all tracks of the same album at once.
"I wish you well!" - Rex Stout

Post by Guest »

nynaevelan wrote:
domidomi wrote:the dudes are not working on the problem! in their bugtracker is no post within the last 2 months.
deam - i loved this feature
Just because a ticket is not showing in Mantis does not mean the problem is not being addressed. Have any of you put in a support ticket for assistance to this??
Yes, I did open a support ticket and within 5 minutes received message that MM is working hard to solve the issue. "(It) is an issue with Amazon and other users are experiencing this as well, ...", the support desk reports.
Karolm

Post by Karolm »

Guys: please read earlier entries! It started yesterday, there were numerous tickets opened etc. Since then, MM programmers said that they have the problem solved. The discussion now is about the fact that the solution is supposed to go into the next release of MM - whenever that's supposed to be...
"I wish you well!" - Rex Stout
bmilner

Post by bmilner »

GOD you people are demanding. Something breaks for 24 hours and you start cursing and demanding things. They know about, they've fixed it, and they are making some decisions about the most prudent ways to release it. Yeesh, a turn around of a few days is all you could expect of ANY company. Even a week or two would still be expedient by most standards.

Still, if there is one thing we've learned, it's how important that Amazon auto-tag feature is. I agree, it's pretty much one of the 2-3 most important selling points to me for MM. In the meantime, you can use the Tag by MusicBrainz feature by installing this: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=34267. Note, on Vista you need to turn off UAC, install it, then turn UAC back on. Grrr. Works though, often better than amazon's does anyway.

The other features I swear by MM for are:
1. View other songs by this artist, album, folder
2. Smart playlists (other apps have this though)
3. CTRL-R auto organize feature (to rename files to the corrected ID3 tag info)
4. "Files to Edit" node that shows me quickly files that have ID3 issues
5. Scripts that allow quick renaming of track with correct track #'s (auto-increment etc.)
6. The Eclipse skin (!)
thecongressman

Post by thecongressman »

Lowlander wrote:For script related questions please reply in the scripts thread on the forum so that the author of the script can respond to your issues.
Really dude? I know you are a regular 'round here, but this obviously is an issue that people are concerned about. Why have them go to another thread if this one will answer the question at hand?

Also, I've had those "other" scripts installed for quite some time, and, like others have said, they are mostly crap. Not that amazon was perfect every time, but it was waaaay more reliable than those others. I don't understand why MM isn't concerned with releasing a patch for this as soon as possible. I'd say this is second in line to the play function not working, based on the amount of responses and views to this thread. Have you ever seen another problem raise this kind of hell? Fix it, MM.
Over 280,000 songs and Mediamonkey is still going strong...
maki84

Post by maki84 »

I have problems also...
here is another discus http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 0&p=217232
ricks99

Post by ricks99 »

Add me to the "me too" list: MM 3.0.7.1191
Kutusov

Post by Kutusov »

Well... I've I've been quiet for some time,, just waiting to install the scrips and try them out... I'm having problems with all of them, freezing and crashing MM and the PC. Like someone said, it's nice to have scripts, part of the reason I don't like ITunes "It's our Apple, push off, it's our way or the highway" stuff. But they are not an official solution from MM.

Also, part of the reason why I'm "whining" is that I don't see any official statement about this matter anywhere on the homepage. The problem is NOT solved like some of you say. Solving the problem would be me and you, the costumers, being able to use ato-tag again. And we have no idea how long it's going to take.

What's on the home page is this: "Automatically lookup and tag Album Art and other metadata.". It's the second selling point. If I had just bought MM I would be feeling pretty ripped off by now...