MM too quiet

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Kzoorichie

MM too quiet

Post by Kzoorichie »

MM was working great, except I could not get the Just Albums script to work.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled in the hopes that may do the trick. No luck.

Now MM is too quiet even w/ volume at 100%. Other apps like Windows Media Player are unaffected.

Please help.
MMan

Re: MM too quiet

Post by MMan »

Check the volume slide in the far lower left corner and make sure that isn't set too low. It doesn't jump out at you as a volume control and some miss it. If that doesn't work, you could try another output plugin to see if that makes a difference. Tools > Options> Output Plugins.

BTW, I think the problem on Just Albums got solved if you check back to your post and the bump to the scripting forum. It is a Vista permission issue. If you run Monkey as an Administrator under Vista the script works. (right click in program list and choose "run as administrator").
Kzoorichie

Post by Kzoorichie »

It was hard to find the volume control. I used MM for a day or two before I found it, but I have it at full volume and the computer at full volume (which is too loud for other applications) just to have a MM play very quiet.

Switching plugins did not help.

Thank you so much for the tip on Just List Albums. It worked.

Now to figure out the sound thing.

Cheers,
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

run a registry cleaner to see if there is a hotkey stuck in the registry from the uninstall and reinstalls you did,.
and check to see if the mute button is on. mute sometimes only turns down the volume on some systems i've seen that happen on. so you get sound but at a low volume.
also check the Eq preamp slider and see if it is turned down.? 8) :-? :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Kzoorichie

Post by Kzoorichie »

Hi,

Thanks.

I have v 3.1.0.1256

My computer is a Dell Inspiron. It has Intel Premium Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00 GHz
3 G RAM
220 G memory 120 free

Default plugins

The volume is fine on all other applications

I don't know how to check the registry, and messing with it scares me.
I have not defraged

Songs are on the hard drive

This is the only version of MM I have used

I have not moved files, but have added about 20 CD's worth since I loaded MM

MM worked great 'till I uninstalled and reinstalled it hoping to get the Just List Albums script to work. Reloading did not help the script work, but running the program as an administrator did.

Any help would be appreciated. I really like MM and want to upgrade, but it's too quiet to be practical.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you enable Level Playback Volume in the Play menu? If so does disabling it help? Did you configure the Equalizer and if so does disabling it help?
Kzoorichie

Post by Kzoorichie »

Thank you for asking.

Yes, I did enable sound leveling, just to see it it changed anything. It is currently disabled.

Same thing with the equalizer.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not sure what can be causing this if you have the volume at 100%. Have you tried a different output plugin under Tools > Options > Output plug-in or make sure you have the correct device selected in the enabled plugin? Also check if your sound card has newer drivers available.

As last resort a clean install might fix the issue.
Kzoorichie

Post by Kzoorichie »

Lowlander thank you very much.

I tried the output thing again. Maybe I did something wrong last time, but now the volume is working fine.

I really appreciate your help

Cheers
ShadeD123

Post by ShadeD123 »

Turning off the equalizer fixed the problem for me...thanks to this thread!