Converting Beatles Remastered from FLAC to MP3

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MarkL

Converting Beatles Remastered from FLAC to MP3

Post by MarkL »

Hi All,
I ripped my new box set of the Beatles Mono Masters to FLAC last night, A-OK. I stream through Squeezebox to my audio system. I also wanted to convert to MP3 for our IPODS, but the convert does not function. All things look normal but press OK and it closes the dialog box as normal and does nothing at all. I can convert other FLAC and M4A to MP3 fine, just not the newly ripped disks...I'm wondering if there is a DRM control or just a bug? I can always re-rip to MP3 but I'd rather not have to reload the media... The reason I want to create a copy in MP3 is because the convert while syncing takes sooooo long to do...

Have a great day,
Mark
nohitter151

Re: Converting Beatles Remastered from FLAC to MP3

Post by nohitter151 »

Why not just use auto-conversion to your iPod?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MarkL

Post by MarkL »

Hi Nohitter,

The autoconvert on the fly takes a loooooonnnngggg time to do I've found, if you sync to more than one ipod it saves time to make one copy and use that for syncing I thought,,,,

Mark
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

I see. Well, have you selected the tracks to convert before going to the convert option in the menu?

MarkL

Post by MarkL »

Hi,
Yes. I selected all tracks on an album, also just 1 track. Then I repeated for other album's that I have ripped to Flac and they work fine. I just downloaded a 3rd party tool and it worked, but I don't want to pay $29 bucks to buy the full version (the free version converted the first 1/2 of the song as a demo...). For some reason I think MM thinks it is DRM protected and it is skipping the conversion entirely. But it does not show any error or warning messages...
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MarkL wrote:But it does not show any error or warning messages...
Then why do you attribute it to DRM? If it was DRM, MM would show a "DRM, can't convert" error message.

MarkL

Post by MarkL »

Weirder still, I picked a different album from the boxed set (Revolver) and that worked fine! Hard Day's Night (no tracks) will convert...
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

did you buy the cdroms of the beatles music.

just some info for you if you dont know that the beatles had lost their copyright to their own songs for so long .

that since they were involved in putting them back out in to the public in orgianl form, they got them back so now they get the money
for them again something that has not been happening for 20 years. las i knew MJ. had bought the rights to all their songs. but i don't know if he lost them to sony or sold them to somebody else. but it made Paul and Ringo very mad about it all, they had been trying to get them back and up stepped MJ. and bought them, Po'd Paul and Ringo. and then last year i heard ringo said he had to stop signing autographes for the fans and stop reading fan mail. because he was way to busy in the studio.

now all the songs are released in origianl format again? sounds like ringo was redoing them to get the copyrights back, cause only a living member of the band could get them back that way. not any of their kids. i believe they were even re done in their abby road studio? that could give them back the rights for all the origianl released versions too since they still were in the same studio.

so for anyone that is thinking of finding the songs online, this time round your taking the money out of bands hands, not some big business, so why not buy the cdroms,

just some FYI that i picked up on watching the news over the last year, bits and peices are all anyone puts out when they are trying to get things back that were theirs. or other stuff they don't want every one to know at the time, but all that was on the tv news at some point in time over the last year. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

It can't be DRM, because FLAC doesn't even support any type of restrictions/DRM.

RabanePaco

Post by RabanePaco »

I have the same setup: Beatles (remastered ) in FLAC on MM en on my SqueezBox. Autoconvert (320 kbps) to sync to iPod.

I created an Auto-Convert filter for FLAC in the iPod device plug-in. I didn't notice any great speed problem.
        -- RabanePaco

MM 4.1.14.1813, RegExp Find & Replace
System: Windows 10, 64 bits, all updates. Intel(R) Core(TM) i5, 3.20GHz, 4 Core(s), 8 GB main memory, 250 GB SSD, etc.
NetGear NAS 2 TB, 822 albums, 14+ k tracks, 110 GB, 10000 hours playinmg time.
SqueezeBox Duet, iPod (classic)