Playlist in a new window

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

abhiroopb

Re: Playlist in a new window

Post by abhiroopb »

I was a little hasty and i deleted media monkey and all the playlists and other files :(

Can I copy the playlist of my iPod into MM?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Nope, unfortunately MM can't. There might be some other tools (i.e. other software) that can do it, or you can try with this MM add-on:
http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic. ... d+playlist
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
abhiroopb

Post by abhiroopb »

I'm going mad! I was really stupid to do this...

So, yes basically I have a 3000 song playlist on my iPod which I would like to copy onto my computer. I don't mind using any other software. Any suggestions? Will try the add-on when I get home.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

abhiroopb wrote:I'm going mad! I was really stupid to do this...

So, yes basically I have a 3000 song playlist on my iPod which I would like to copy onto my computer. I don't mind using any other software. Any suggestions? Will try the add-on when I get home.
Sorry, I've never been in this situation so I've never really looked into it. Google should be able to help you.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
abhiroopb

Post by abhiroopb »

Tried this morning, installed a bunch of apps none of which worked properly. Read into the script though and it looks ideal, so will report on how well it worked!
abhiroopb

Post by abhiroopb »

The script mentioned above looks good but I am getting an error.

I have a playlist on my iPod called "Fav". There are about 2900 songs. When it hits 1454 songs I get the following error:

Error #424 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Object required: 'Qit.Item'
File: "C:\PROGRA~2\MEDIAM~1\Scripts\IListTransfer2,vbs", Line: 78, Column: 2

I am running Windows 7 Home x64
Chris M.

Post by Chris M. »

I've also been wishing MM had this ability and I've just found an easy way to do this without relying on extras or scripts or anything outside of MM. Up to now I've been dropping individual tracks on the tiny playlist icon in the folder tree pane which is kinda tricky to do. However I've just discovered that by opening up a 'Now Playing' pane (View - Now Playing) you can dock it to the left side of the library pane or undock it to a floating pane above the library pane. Playback controls can be added to the bottom of the pane. Now just drag & drop your selections into this window, changing source folders as you go - the 'Now Playing' pane will remain onscreen. Organize the song order the way you want then highlight everything in the window. Right-click on the list and choose 'Send To ...' to burn the songs to a blank CD. You can also save the songs to a new playlist if you want.
donector

Post by donector »

try listfix!!!!
godsent piece of work!
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/listfix ... ecommended>