After scanning and analyzing volume, then save that to tag?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bobthegoat2001

After scanning and analyzing volume, then save that to tag?

Post by bobthegoat2001 »

After re-importing my music into MM (after being removed, then added again), I noticed it doesn't save the analyzed volume in the tag for my songs unless I manually and do it for each album. Is their a way for MM to save the analyzed volume into the tag so that it won't have to do it again next time, if I need to re-import my music again?
Teknojnky

Re: After scanning and analyzing volume, then save that to tag?

Post by Teknojnky »

volume analysis should be saved to tags unless you have tag updates disabled

tools > options > library > tags & playlists > enable 'update tags when editing properties'
svetter

Re: After scanning and analyzing volume, then save that to t

Post by svetter »

This is an old topic, but I have the same problem - I am analyzing track & album volume levels for my library (~10,000 tracks), and tack & album offsets are being calculated.

I have enabled: Options > Library > Tags & Playlists > "Update tags when editing properties"

However, the files on my hard-drive are not updated to reflect the analysis.

I maintain my library on my Windows 7 laptop using MediaMonkey Gold, and auto-synchronize my files to my NAS (ReadyNAS). I run LogiTech Media Server to serve several player devices around the house.

Analyzing volume offsets is a non-trivial exercise, and having these values stored only in the MediaMonkey library does not help with how I listen to my music.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

svetter wrote:This is an old topic, but I have the same problem - I am analyzing track & album volume levels for my library (~10,000 tracks), and tack & album offsets are being calculated.

I have enabled: Options > Library > Tags & Playlists > "Update tags when editing properties"

However, the files on my hard-drive are not updated to reflect the analysis.

I maintain my library on my Windows 7 laptop using MediaMonkey Gold, and auto-synchronize my files to my NAS (ReadyNAS). I run LogiTech Media Server to serve several player devices around the house.

Analyzing volume offsets is a non-trivial exercise, and having these values stored only in the MediaMonkey library does not help with how I listen to my music.
What type of files? Is there an issue with other tag updates on the same set of files?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
svetter

Post by svetter »

No issue with updating files (flac, wma, m4a, etc) if I edit a tag (e.g. composer, cover art, etc.)

Further analysis - if a manually select all the tracks in an album and then select select Analyze Volume, the files are updated.

However, files are not updated during the MediaMonkey automatic volume analysis.

So, I can get around this by selecting albums individually (or maybe several albums at a time) for volume analysis. But it would be nice for the automatic (background) analysis to update the tags....
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey are you on?
joshb

Post by joshb »

I have the same behavior. I am using the latest MMW release.