scan for missing files?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

cut-copy-paste

scan for missing files?

Post by cut-copy-paste »

My drive crashed..so everything on it went grey. I got some of the songs back to their previous location, so I used the drive-id script to put that drive back.. but now everything on the grey thinks it's available in the library until i add it to a playlist. is there a quick way for it to identify the missing tracks in the library without actually removing them (or removing them if necess) without disturbing the tracks that are? I thought when i started up it would automatically figure out which were absent.. I would rescan tracks into the library, but i'm not sure if that will have unwanted consequences.. thanks!
Lowlander

Re: scan for missing files?

Post by Lowlander »

If you're looking for tracks that aren't available you can use the Library > Files to Edit > Dead Links node. This will find any tracks no longer located on connected drives. If the drive isn't connected you can remove it from the Library > Location node.
cut-copy-paste

Post by cut-copy-paste »

ah cool.. i see 'em all under dead links.. is there a way to just mark them as missing like when a drive is removed? I want to hold onto them if possible just so i can see what I used to have in my collection.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When a drive is removed they won't show under Dead Links as MediaMonkey assumes the drive removal is temporary.
Peke

Post by Peke »

To clear things a little:
- Under location each drive needs to have assigned drive letter to be considered available and containing tracks are scanned for dead links
- Dead links will not be checked if drive is not connected (to avoid problems with external hdd), but you can select tracks and do Scan moved/missing tracks option manually.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts