Sync playlists to XBMC

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

TJOHO

Sync playlists to XBMC

Post by TJOHO »

I have searched the forums and I don't think this has been covered elsewhere - sorry if I missed the appropriate thread!

I am a long time MM user and have built a substantial library and playlist system in it over the years. The library and the music is currently on my laptop.
Now I'd like to listen to it with XBMC on my HTPC. What is the easiest way to achieve this (with some scripts/addons? I was unsure whether to post this in that forum)?

Since I use my laptop for the most part, I figured I would just regularly sync over the actual audio files to my home NAS (using Syncback or whatever) so that they are accessible to XBMC, but is there a way to recreate playlists in a format supported by XBMC? I know there are many ways to export playlists in MM as M3U, for example, but those playlists would refer to the files on my laptop, not their copies on the NAS. :(

Of course, a system that would handle copying new files to the NAS with MM rather than relying on Syncback or another external program would also be great!

I would appreciate any tips and ideas on this - as I'm sure many others would!

---
By the way, if anyone else is doing this and want play counts updated, I plan on doing this through Last.fm:

1. I play a song with XBMC and it scrobbles to Last.fm.
2. On my laptop/MM I use the Last.fm Playcount Importer script to update the MM play counts.
Lowlander

Re: Sync playlists to XBMC

Post by Lowlander »

This probably can do what you need: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... port+child
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
TJOHO

Re: Sync playlists to XBMC

Post by TJOHO »

Thanks, Lowlander!

I have looked at it and it looks quite powerful (and complicated :-? ) - I'll play around with it when I get on my home network with the laptop (at work now).