last.fm scrobbling troubles

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

internationalbefky

last.fm scrobbling troubles

Post by internationalbefky »

Hello all,

I'm new here so please accept my apologies if this has already been dealt with.
A while ago I installed the Last.FM scrobbling magic (after much faffing about). Since then I've had trouble with it actually scrobbling tracks - it seems to loses interest after a while and just stops. The last time it did this I just had to keep clicking the little icon at the top of MediaMonkey and checking last.fm and the log file until it seemed to start scrobbling again, but this time that's not even working :( On my last.fm page it shows what I'm listening to at the moment, but fails to update the "recently listened to tracks" list.
I haven't updated mediamonkey to the new version although I did get a message last week about it. Do you think this would help or do I need to do something particular to get it working again?
I know it's only las.fm, and other than this mediamonkey works fine for me, but it's nice to show people what I'm listening to and because the silly thing isn't working, this isn't happening properly. Any help would be much appreciated!
Thank you :)
Peke

Re: last.fm scrobbling troubles

Post by Peke »

As already stated Last.fm is switching to New Scrobbling API and issues like yours are expected.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
internationalbefky

Re: last.fm scrobbling troubles

Post by internationalbefky »

Peke wrote:As already stated Last.fm is switching to New Scrobbling API and issues like yours are expected.
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware of any switches because I'm new to this forum and I'm not really technically-minded. If you could let me know where this statement is then I can see what they have to say for themselves and if there are any solutions! :)
It seems to be working today, but who knows when it'll stop again?!