Install multiple instances of MediaMonkey

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Install multiple instances of MediaMonkey

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, 2 instances work (disable the only one instance option in Tools > Options > General) and both can be controlled independently. Just remember that the settings of the last instance closed will be used next time you open MediaMonkey.
svburke

Post by svburke »

Hello MM users, I hope I am not resurrecting a dead thread inappropriately for this question, but it seemed the right topic.

I would like to run two instances of MM 4 for a time not in order for playback but rather only to allow me to copy track titles from one album to another, without having to navigate within one instance of MM; instead I will just use Alt+Tab in order to move from one application back to another. This should make for quicker tagging. (I have a number of albums without metadata, but as they are classical, the track titles are easily taken from different albums with the same compositions.)

The key though is to ensure that the work is not lost when I close both instances. Is this doable? Thank you, SB
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

svburke wrote:Hello MM users, I hope I am not resurrecting a dead thread inappropriately for this question, but it seemed the right topic.

I would like to run two instances of MM 4 for a time not in order for playback but rather only to allow me to copy track titles from one album to another, without having to navigate within one instance of MM; instead I will just use Alt+Tab in order to move from one application back to another. This should make for quicker tagging. (I have a number of albums without metadata, but as they are classical, the track titles are easily taken from different albums with the same compositions.)

The key though is to ensure that the work is not lost when I close both instances. Is this doable? Thank you, SB
Have you tried to use tabs?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.