My iPod wont accept songs!

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Kaylaaa

My iPod wont accept songs!

Post by Kaylaaa »

So yesterday I downloaded iTunes to update my iPod nano. It was almost going to sync it, but I didn't allow it, so things went okay. I was listening to my iPod for hours as usual on my iPod dock, but then I plugged it into my laptop. I guess iTunes had messed up the play counts, so I looked online to see how I could reset them with MM. I found scripts? I'm not really that educated about this so I know it's my fault. But I pasted a code into where the play count folder was. It didn't change the counts so I just deleted the code I added and unplugged my iPod, and ALL of my songs were gone. I still have them on my computer though. Now when I click on my iPod in MM, it still shows all of the songs, but they aren't on my iPod when I unplug it. So I deleted them off my iPod from MM, and re-added them, but they still wont come up on my iPod! I even uninstalled MM to see if that would help but it didn't.
I REALLY NEED HELP! Please and thank you!
nohitter151

Re: My iPod wont accept songs!

Post by nohitter151 »

Bumping the thread every 5 minutes is not going to make anyone respond sooner. Please be patient.

Now, in regards to your issue. It sounds like you just need a fresh start. Clear your iPod of all tracks. Go into the device options, and make sure you have the options set as described here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... _ipod_sync

Then check some items in your auto-sync list, set the sync option to auto-sync at Tools > Sync device, and then sync.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Kaylaaa

Post by Kaylaaa »

nohitter151 wrote:Bumping the thread every 5 minutes is not going to make anyone respond sooner. Please be patient.

Now, in regards to your issue. It sounds like you just need a fresh start. Clear your iPod of all tracks. Go into the device options, and make sure you have the options set as described here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... _ipod_sync

Then check some items in your auto-sync list, set the sync option to auto-sync at Tools > Sync device, and then sync.
That didn't work.
Kaylaaa

Post by Kaylaaa »

It says my songs aren't on the sync list, how do I get them there?
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

I'm not sure if this is the same problem I discovered today or not.

Updated my Nano 6G to firmware version 1.2 (had to try it out of course, without first thinking this might affect the monkey...)

Started MM and performed a synch.
All songs transferred over no problem
Using MM safely removed device.

Try to play music on Nano. Nano says there is no music to play. WTF?

Reconnect iPod to computer and browse the nano file system and there is definitely music there.

With MM not running, start iTunes.
Browse around the nano with iTunes and again the music files are there.

Safely removed the device via iTunes. Voilà, the files now appear in the nano. Note that I did NOT synch the nano with iTunes.

Now the music will play with the nano and I'm back in happyville.

Post by Guest »

wxdude wrote:I'm not sure if this is the same problem I discovered today or not.

Updated my Nano 6G to firmware version 1.2 (had to try it out of course, without first thinking this might affect the monkey...)

Started MM and performed a synch.
All songs transferred over no problem
Using MM safely removed device.

Try to play music on Nano. Nano says there is no music to play. WTF?

Reconnect iPod to computer and browse the nano file system and there is definitely music there.

Safely removed the device via iTunes. Voilà, the files now appear in the nano. Note that I did NOT synch the nano with iTunes.

Now the music will play with the nano and I'm back in happyville.
I could hug you right now! Thanks!
Kaylaaa

Post by Kaylaaa »

But wait, they still get deleted when I open Media Monkey.
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

Kaylaaa wrote:But wait, they still get deleted when I open Media Monkey.

You will have to connect the device to the computer and safely remove the device using iTunes. Your music will be there. Any changes or update you made with MM will be there.

Obviously firmware 1.2 for the nano 6G doesn't like the monkey....
Kaylaaa

Post by Kaylaaa »

wxdude wrote:

You will have to connect the device to the computer and safely remove the device using iTunes. Your music will be there. Any changes or update you made with MM will be there.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon, I don't like iTunes. But thanks everyone, for all your help!
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

wxdude wrote:

I may have spoken too soon. Although I can get the music to play on the nano 6G with the steps above, rating, counts, etc are not transferred back to MM during a synch. Looks like I fibbed....

On another note anyone know how to revert back the firmware on an ipod??
wxdude

Post by wxdude »

wxdude wrote: On another note anyone know how to revert back the firmware on an ipod??
After much trying everything with firmware 1.2 for the nano 6g I gave up and reverted back to version 1.1 and in answer to my own question here is how I did it.

You can restore the nano 6g following these instructions http://news.softpedia.com/news/Download ... 6037.shtml

Firmware can be found by doing a search on the web. Don't want to post the link here as I don't want the blame if it fubars your nano.

Everything is back to normal now. I have to say I like the new firmware though.
jabbrwokk

Post by jabbrwokk »

I am having the same problem since I updated the firmware on my Nano 6G to 1.2.

Is there any solution yet? I don't want to have to revert the firmware, I like the new option for big icons on the nano very much.
jabbrwokk

Post by jabbrwokk »

This worked for me... HOWEVER. I have to do this every single time after I sync with Media Monkey. Very annoying. Hopefully we can get a hotfix in MM3, or have this addressed in the upcoming RC?
jabbrwokk

Post by jabbrwokk »

One more thing. I downloaded the latest build of MM4 (1442) and this problem occurs the same way with the same temporary solution.