Help please, can you create Virtual Albums?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

RobinGB

Help please, can you create Virtual Albums?

Post by RobinGB »

Hi, please help if you know how to create virual albums.

As an example I have all the tracks to the Lady Gaga album "The Fame Monster" in my MM library, some of the tracks are from RIPs of NOW albums that I own and some tracks are downloads I bought from Napster from "The Fame Monster" album. Hence the physical location of the files are in different directories (I store my music by Artist\Album) and the TAGs of the files associate them with the albums from which they originated.

Obviously I could just copy all the files into a new Folder "Lady Gaga\The Fame Monster" and re tag them as "The Fame Monster" album but that just wastes storage space. I can also create a playlist called "Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster" but you can't TAG a playlist in the same way you can a file and hence it (and the files in it) doesn't get listed under "Album" or "Artist & Album Artist" or appear in the physical location tree, or make the files appear as if the had been tagged as album "The Fame Monster".

How can I create a virtual Album so it appears as if it were an actual ripped album, just it uses files already in my library but ripped from various other real albums?

Thank you, RobinGB
Lowlander

Re: Help please, can you create Virtual Albums?

Post by Lowlander »