Art + Details view scrolls FAR too quickly

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ed.j

Art + Details view scrolls FAR too quickly

Post by ed.j »

When browsing the library in Art + Details view, using the mouse scroll wheel results in great big jumps. I think this is because you set your mouse wheel in your OS to scroll a certain number of lines at a time (eg 3), but MM registers the whole album as a line rather than each song. So, if like me, you often use MM on a laptop screen, when you scroll through the album list using the mouse wheel, it's more like pressing Page Down than scrolling smoothly.

I think everyone will be able to recreate this as long as they have a mouse with a scroll wheel.

Please can this be put on the list of things to be fixed? I can't imagine this is by design, as it's bloody annoying and unlike most programs I use.
Lowlander

Re: Art + Details view scrolls FAR too quickly

Post by Lowlander »

I can't reproduce. It doesn't jump the whole album (fully expanded here).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

Really? Just to check - your mouse is set to scroll ~3 lines at a time, and then in Art+Details view with at least say 20 albums, when you scroll down (with all the albums unexpanded), it doesn't jump three albums down (or whatever the mouse is set to)?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, half an album is scrolled.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Lowlander wrote:No, half an album is scrolled.
Same for me.

@ed.j: Any issues scrolling in other programs?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

That's weird, thanks both of you for replying. Nope, no issues in other programs whatsoever. I did recently open up a support ticket for someone to have a look at my db for issues, but I don't think this can be anything to do with it, because it's more of a program function than db issue (I think!).

My only solution may be that I'm not using the Logitech software with my mouse, just the standard Windows 7 plug & play interface... I'll see if installing the Logitech mouse software helps. I'm not getting my hopes up though as, as I said, there aren't any issues with scrolling in other programs. Hmmm, cheers, will report back soon...
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

I've worked out the cause (for me at least): grouping. If grouping (in Collection -> Edit Node -> Columns tab -> Enable Grouping (Artwork views)) is disabled, it causes these big jumps for the collection and playlists that call from that collection. If it's enabled, it scrolls properly. Hopefully you can recreate this!

As a temporary fix I'll have grouping enabled, but I presume this is a bug...?
Otello

Post by Otello »

I don't know if it may help, anyway: I cannot reproduce the issue, but for me the defaul 3 lines scrolling is too fast for the upper browser, so I changed to 1 line scrolling using the Logitech software; I think it's better fot the main panel, too.
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

Cheers Otello, but that would only help by scrolling one album at a time! I think I found the bug though, as detailed above - Lowlander / nohitter151 (or anyone else), can you recreate it under those conditions? Thanks :)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

ed.j wrote:Cheers Otello, but that would only help by scrolling one album at a time! I think I found the bug though, as detailed above - Lowlander / nohitter151 (or anyone else), can you recreate it under those conditions? Thanks :)
No, even with grouping disabled it does not skip multiple albums at a time. One click of the scroll wheel moves down about 9 tracks in Art+details view for me.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
khelsing

Post by khelsing »

ed.j wrote:If grouping (in Collection -> Edit Node -> Columns tab -> Enable Grouping (Artwork views)) is disabled, it causes these big jumps for the collection and playlists that call from that collection. If it's enabled, it scrolls properly. Hopefully you can recreate this!
I can replicate this issue. WIth one click of the scroll wheel MM4 jumps down 14 to 15 albums. I tested this with "Entire Library", "Music" and "Classical Music" and always got the same result. However, after having disabled grouping for a specific collection I have to choose a different collection and then return to the collection with grouping disabled for the buggy behaviour to start.

This bug affects both "Show Art" and "Show Art with Details".

MediaMonkey version: 4.0.3.1463
OS version: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Mouse: Logitech MX 1100
Mouse Driver: Logitech 4.82.11 (no special scroll settings for MediaMonkey)

Edit: MediaMonkey 4.0.3.1469 shows the same behaviour.
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

I see this with art + details but not with the now playing list when both are open.

MediaMonkey version: 4.0.3.1470
OS version: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Mouse: Microsoft Mobile Wireless Mouse 3500
Mouse Driver: Microsoft Intellipoint (program specific settings not enabled)
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin