Question re Album Titles

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

svburke

Question re Album Titles

Post by svburke »

In my classical music collection, I have many albums with the same name (e.g. "Beethoven: Symphonies"). If look through the album node they are listed separately according to album artist (e.g. "Beethoven: Symphonies (Herbert von Karajan)." However, if I am sorting through the three-box previewer, which is currently set to composer/artist/album, and I have selected "all" for composer and artist, the albums with the same title but different album artist will be lumped together. Is there a way to configure the viewers so this won't happen?

I realize I may not be putting this clearly, so here's a screen shot -- you can see that in one album name there are actually two albums (two different album artists, Christian Thielemann and Gunter Wand).

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/83/screencap1.png

Thank you!
Lowlander

Re: Question re Album Titles

Post by Lowlander »

I don't think so as it has the same value. Having multiple entries with the same value wouldn't be that helpful either as you wouldn't know which is which. However if you select the Album and then the Artist or Composer you should be able to narrow down what is shown.
svburke

Re: Question re Album Titles

Post by svburke »

OK, thanks, there certainly is an easy work-around, as you say, so it isn't a major issue.