change order of play list

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

thehumantouch

change order of play list

Post by thehumantouch »

Info says you should be able to drag and change the order of songs in your playlist. That does not work for me.
We have to have the music in a specific order for performances.
any thoughts?
rovingcowboy

Re: change order of play list

Post by rovingcowboy »

you can make auto playlists and use them to play the order of the songs as you want them so you don't mess up those albums that run from one track to the next like live concert's.

as for moving songs around try left clicking on the number of the song in the list. that might let you drag it then with the edit window opening in the list area clicking on the title or some other field in the song might be tricky to get it not to open and let you drag it. but the edit window does not open for the list's song number. if the number is not there right click on the column and find it on the menu and left click it then they will show up. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

My experience is that you cannot move tracks around in an auto-playlist. You can in a static.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

rrfpacker wrote:My experience is that you cannot move tracks around in an auto-playlist. You can in a static.
Yes, you can only move files around in a static playlist. In Auto-Playlists you can only adjust the Sort Order.
Gary2222

Post by Gary2222 »

Yeah u can but u need to stop play and click ALT-F5.

From the user guide:

To Edit a Playlist:
• Add Tracks to an existing playlist by selecting the Track(s) to add and clicking the Playlist button on the toolbar or Send-to > Playlist in the context menu, and choose the destination Playlist.
• Click the Playlist node from the tree and add/remove/rearrange Tracks within the Track list.
• Select and play a Playlist to add it to the Now Playing window. Then add/remove/rearrange Tracks within the Now Playing dialog and click List > Save Playlist when you're done.
• Sort the playlist by clicking a header. This will sort the tracks but not won't save the new Play Order. Press <Alt><F5> if you wish to save the new play order.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You don't have to add to the Now Playing. You can sort/modify the Playlist itself.
mari jasmin

Post by mari jasmin »

Please can you explain how you can change the playlist itself not just the order in which the tracks play.

All of the steps mentioned change the play order or modify the playlist on the occasion of play.

I would like to change my playlist permanently.

Mari Jasmin
mari jasmin

Post by mari jasmin »

Also the playlist has no names- merely track 01,02,03 etc

This isn't very useful.

I gave up using the software for twelve months as it is poor on these basics but clearly it hasn't improved.

Mari Jasmin
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What is shown on the Playlists depends on your tags. You'll need to tag your files correctly in order to see the correct tags anywhere including on Playlists.

If you're modifying a Playlist it will mostly remember the changes, for sorting you may need to right click on a file in the Playlist and click Update Play Order (F5).
gjsullivan

Post by gjsullivan »

After moving the song per the instructions, it was Press <Alt><F5> if you wish to save the new play order.
That solved it for me.
fazzaz31@gmail.com

Re: change coding of play list errors.

Post by fazzaz31@gmail.com »

There, it did it again. Random injection of non-selected playlist items.

I specifically selected all Willie items, saved as a playist, then called the playlist. It played three Willie songs in a row and then injected a random Dave Brubeck song. Fix your.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

WIth alll the useful information you gave I am sure they will be fixing their real soon :)
Best guess would be to create a debug log so they can see what is going on inside. It might be helpful if you stated what version (unless i missed that) you are using. And try the newest debug version and see if same happens.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Sounds like you enabled Play > Auto-DJ in the main menu.
Larryn42

Post by Larryn42 »

If you have a playlist and you want to create a "Random Order", after which you can fine-tune by rearranging the order, here is a workaround.

1. Create a playlist containing the songs you want.
2. Use one of the "Custom" fields and set a unique value to all the songs in the playlist (i.e. "Random")
3. Create a "New Auto Playlist"
4. Use the advanced criteria tab and specify the criteria "Custom" field = "Random"
5. You will now have a new playlist using the songs from your original playlist in Random Order. However, you can not rearrange the results.
6. Select all songs from the "Auto Playlist" that was previously created.
7. "Send To" a new (regular) playlist the selected songs
8. Now you can delete the "original Playlist" (#1) and the "Auto Playlist" (#3) in lieu of your new, random playlist that you can now rearrange to your liking.