Conditional Disc Folder

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

neonfire999

Conditional Disc Folder

Post by neonfire999 »

I was wondering if it's possible to have a mask for the naming and organization of my files where it will put an album into separate folders inside the album folder based on Disc number, except albums that only have one disk, while still having a disc number in the albums that only have a single disc.

Example:

C:\Music\Say Anything\...Is A Real Boy\Disc 1\02 - Woe.flac

C:\Music\Say Anything\...Is A Real Boy\Disc 2\01 - Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too.flac

C:\Music\Mae\Destination- Beautiful\01 - Embers and Envelopes.flac

Right now I have: C:\Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> - <Title>

Thanks for the help!
BKKKPewsey

Re: Conditional Disc Folder

Post by BKKKPewsey »

neonfire999 wrote:except albums that only have one disk, while still having a disc number in the albums that only have a single disc.
That's the part that auto-tag from filename will have a problem with as it can only access the data from the track its processing.
I just make sure that only multi-cd albums have the disk no field set.
You can then use

Code: Select all

$if(<Disc#>,Disc <Disc#>,)
as the basis of your mask

If anyone knows how do what the OP is requesting I would certainly be interested
Everyone has the right to be stupid Image but some abuse the privilege
neonfire999

Re: Conditional Disc Folder

Post by neonfire999 »

BKKKPewsey wrote:
neonfire999 wrote:except albums that only have one disk, while still having a disc number in the albums that only have a single disc.
That's the part that auto-tag from filename will have a problem with as it can only access the data from the track its processing.
I just make sure that only multi-cd albums have the disk no field set.
You can then use

Code: Select all

$if(<Disc#>,Disc <Disc#>,)
as the basis of your mask

If anyone knows how do what the OP is requesting I would certainly be interested
Alright, well just in case no one is able to find a way, is there any way I can round up all my albums that only have one disc in a playlist so i can empty that field for those albums?