Auto organize problem....

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Kos

Auto organize problem....

Post by Kos »

I auto-organize my 55.000 tracks like this: Y:\Musik\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#>. <Title>

But around 200 tracks with album artist 'Diverse kunstnere' are organized in the folder 'Unknown'... how can that be? Mediamonkey refuses to organize them in the folder 'Diverse kunstnere'.

/kos
Setup: Sonos, Twonky, Qnap, MediaMonkey Lifetime
Lowlander

Re: Auto organize problem....

Post by Lowlander »

You're using <Album Artist> so make sure that for those 200 tracks Album Artist has Diverse kunstnere as value.
Kos

Post by Kos »

I discovered the 200 tracks have different values in the album artist field (NOT 'unknown'!) but still the corresponding folder is 'unknown'. When trying to force MM to auto-organize the tracks it looks correct when MM suggests old and new path - but hitting OK get's me 'directory can not be created'... strange.

/kos
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Kos wrote: 'directory can not be created'.
MediaMonkey may lack rights to create new folders.
Kos

Post by Kos »

Lowlander wrote:
Can I give MM these rights?

/kos
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Yes run it in admin mode and make sure you are given full admin rights too.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Kos wrote:
Lowlander wrote:
Can I give MM these rights?

/kos
Sure, you can edit the rights in windows explorer for those folders, or run MM as admin.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Kos

Post by Kos »

Nohitter151, where excatly in Windows Explorer (or do you mean Windows?) is the rights expanded to get me out os this mess...? Thanks...

/kos
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Nohitter151 I think you need to have admin rights for the ablity to change them on the folders property panel. Which means then you need to have the computers admin go into users accounts and give rights to user to allow them to change rights of folders.?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Kos wrote:Nohitter151, where excatly in Windows Explorer (or do you mean Windows?) is the rights expanded to get me out os this mess...? Thanks...

/kos
Depends on which OS you have, but usually something like:

Navigate to the folder in Win explorer > Right click on the folder in question > Properties > Security > etc.

I recommend Googling it.

Kos

Post by Kos »

Logged in as administrator, went to the folder, right-clicked - and allowed everything I could find under security. Didn't help - MM is not allowed to auto-organize the songs like I want them... they are put in the 'unknown' folder. Strange. 0,5% of my songs...

/Kos
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Kos wrote:Logged in as administrator, went to the folder, right-clicked - and allowed everything I could find under security. Didn't help - MM is not allowed to auto-organize the songs like I want them... they are put in the 'unknown' folder. Strange. 0,5% of my songs...

/Kos
Security settings are extremely complicated in Windows, you really should google how to become a "Owner" of a folder, it's not as straightforward as it should be/looks to be when in those menus.

Kos

Post by Kos »

Gave up. I am now copy-pasting the files to the correct folders. Haven't got a clue why that is possible and the auto-organize is not...

/kos
theta_wave

Post by theta_wave »

Well, since folders are still being created, but with the wrong <album artist> value, I'd say that it is a tag problem rather than an ownership one. MM is a lillte wonky with tags sometimes, so I usually fallback on mp3tag to make sure mine are properly recognized across different players.
MM Gold Lifetime since 2.5.5.998
Computer: Lenovo Y580 System: Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 / Arch Linux Mediamonkey 4: w/ Monkeyrok 5.6, Minilyrics 1.4b, iMonkey Skin
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What you see is what you get so the DB value is what should be used. I've never had an issue with Album Artist and Auto-Organize Files.