Sync between two Computers

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Surffreak

Sync between two Computers

Post by Surffreak » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:59 am

Hey guys,

I wasn't sure if my question fits into this section, so please correct me if it doesn't.

I wanna synchronize my Music Library (~90 GB) with a second Computer. So the database, the music itself, playlists and so on need to be synchronized.
Is there any possibility to do so?

Should it be necessary a one sided sync would be ok, when changes are only done at the first computer and the second always checks if something changed and then copies the files. However this wouldn't be the high-end solution, but also fine with me.

Thanks for any ideas!

Julian

lordphoenix

Is there an easy way to sync two computers?

Post by lordphoenix » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:34 pm

I have a desktop with MM on it and recently got a laptop that I'd like to have MM on as well. Is there an easy way to sync libraries between the two computers? I've found several topics on this issue from a year or two ago and the answer was "no," but I didn't see any recent ones and thought I'd ask again.

If this feature doesn't exist (like a cloud sync feature), it would be hugely beneficial to users with more than one computer :)
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post

Pietercape

Re: Sync between two Computers

Post by Pietercape » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:42 pm

I use MM on my desktop and also on a laptop (for use when away) and I treat my desktop as the master ie I make changes and add music to the desktop first. All the tagging etc is done on the desktop. Once a week I use Karin's Replicator (free - available here http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp) to sync the desktop database to a portable disk drive. The portable disk now has an exact copy of the database including tags etc. I then use Karen's replicator again to sync the laptop database with that of the portable drive. All that is left then is to Add/Rescan files to the library on the laptop. Karen's Replicator is extremely fast and efficient and I have found it absolutely reliable.