Poor mans media monkey for iPad?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

windcrest77

Poor mans media monkey for iPad?

Post by windcrest77 »

Is anyone here using a remote desktop application on their iPad so you can control MM from your iPad by simply remoting into your windows machine? If so what is your experience? Do the user interface elements of MM fit and work ok on the iPad when you simply remote into your win machine with the iPad? I want to hang a dedicated iPad on my family room wall simply for the purpose of playing my music collection through my home stereo and zones. I'd like to have MM hanging on the wall because I play so much music around the house all day, but dont want to hang a big touch monitor connected to the win machine. But if the iPad remoting applications work k that would be nice solution. I miss the days of having my CD collection at hand in one place and want the same with MM collection, stationary in the family room. My win machine is already hooked to the receiver, I just need a wall monitor to control it where I wouldn't need a mouse or keyboard, ala iPad remoting to windows might be the ticket. Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Poor mans media monkey for iPad?

Post by Lowlander »

windcrest77

Post by windcrest77 »

Thanks, I'm going to try MonkeyTunes too. I already installed MonkeyMote and it is working quite well. My library of 200,000 tracks shows up blazingly fast, in fact even faster than the MM windows interface grid does it! And its doing it over wireless. I think the MM grid is very slow probably because its not virtualized, t keeps 100,000 rows in the grid even though only 50 are in view at any moment. Some of my auto play lists return 20,000 tracks or more and Monkey Mote displays them in a flash. I may not have to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro in order to get remote desktop, especially if this is even faster than the native interface. Trying Monkey Tunes next.

Thanks for the thread
windcrest77

Post by windcrest77 »

OK I installed MonkeyMote and the Apple Remote using the Monkey Tunes install on MM. Let me tell you right now MonkeyMote blows away Monkey Tunes, in monkey tunes only the first 500 songs of a playlist show up. and only the first 4000 or so songs from the library show up, what about the other 196,000 songs? In he Apple remote it took about 15 seconds for the 500 songs to come across when I clicked a playlist, in Monkey Mote all 4500 songs of the same playlist appeared instantaneously. I'm going to uninstall monkey tunes from the iPad and my windows machine. It sucks. Monkey Mote is a bad ass, very nice in other words.
bassman123

Post by bassman123 »

For remoting from iPad to Windoze, I use iTap RDP. Works great for anything but streaming video (too slow).

I don't use it with MM, but iTap is a good remote client with Windows.
windcrest77

Post by windcrest77 »

bassman123 wrote:For remoting from iPad to Windoze, I use iTap RDP. Works great for anything but streaming video (too slow).

I don't use it with MM, but iTap is a good remote client with Windows.
Thanks, i'll look at that one. But I've found a great program MonkeyMote might be just the thing to hang n the wall for the wife and kids, rather than opening up the whole MM interface for them to cause damage.
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

That is interesting. I developed with a 120,000 song library and I have not noticed any of the issues you mention in MonkeyTunes with 500 songs in the playlist or 4000 song limits.

Maybe it is your setup?

Tested thoroughly against Apple REmote for iOS and ReTune for Android against Monkeytunes.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-