Chrome vs IE - opening information in browser

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

thefaceman

Chrome vs IE - opening information in browser

Post by thefaceman »

I would prefer Chrome to be my primary option when I open links In MM, but I one window opens in IE instead

When I use Right menu > Get Info option it opens in a new tab in Chrome (as I wanted)

But in the Right menu > AutoTag from web uses IE (I would rather it use Chrome)

Where can I set MM to only use Chrome as my default brower for ALL web inquires?

Thank you for your time in advance
nohitter151

Re: Chrome vs IE - opening information in browser

Post by nohitter151 »

This is not possible. The reason is that the auto-tag from web window is just internet explorer embedded into a MediaMonkey window. Obviously you can't click a link in Internet explorer and have it open into a different browser.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

nohitter151 wrote:This is not possible. The reason is that the auto-tag from web window is just internet explorer embedded into a MediaMonkey window. Obviously you can't click a link in Internet explorer and have it open into a different browser.
Maybe there is a a way to 'trick' IE to launch Chrome if it tries to open IE.

Question: So it would be a request to whomever developed this 'auto-tag from web' feature to reference the 'preferred' browser option link in MM and remove the direct IE link?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Auto-Tag from Web already runs in IE (integrated component) and thus any links from it open in IE. This can't be changed unless a different browser is integrated and in that case if would open in that browser (which makes IE a good choice as it's the one browser that most people will have).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)