Auto-Complete on Multiple Actors

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Camus II

Re: Auto-Complete on Multiple Actors

Post by Camus II »

I had a spare moment and only have two MP4 videos in the database, so I checked this out and these are my findings:

Entire library > Album node.

Main Panel tracklist.

[Actor] dropdown correct (only shows actors), no auto-complete.

[Director] dropdown incorrect (in the 2 samples, both incorrectly display actors in dropdown with only 1 correctly displaying the other director while the other displays itself) auto-complete works but the options include actors and in 1 case no other director as would be expected.

[Producer] dropdown correct, auto-complete working and correct.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Video node.

Video Collection Panel tracklist.

[Actor] dropdown correct (only shows actors), auto-complete working and correct.

[Director] as Main Panel.

[Producer] throws access violation when clicking in any of the records, but worked ok (in both dropdown and auto-complete) after restart of MM.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Entire Library > Album node.

File Properties dialog.

All dropdowns correct, no auto-complete in any of Actor, Director, Producer.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Video node.

File Properties dialog.

[Actor] dropdown correct, no auto-complete.

[Director] dropdown incorrect (no actors displayed as in main panel but in 1 case the other director is inevitably missing), no auto-complete.

[Producer] dropdown correct, no auto-complete.
joshb

Post by joshb »

Yes, I have the same problems when tagging Actors in my movies. yes, I use the semicolon delimiter. Screenwriters field also has same problem! Autotag-from-web only helps with some fields and rare is the movie that has all the data I need.

A note here on my exceedingly-manual-but-I-can't-figure-out-any-better-way process for speeding up tagging Movies:

I spend a lot of time copy/pasting Director, Producer, Actors, Screenwriters, Cinematographers, Publishers from IMDB and the TCM movie database. I have a nice old Logitech keyboard and I programmed its F9, F10, F11 keys to do Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-X. Just doing this - hitting one key instead of awkwardly two-fingering Ctrl and C etc. has VASTLY sped up my tagging process.
Also, I like to copy all actors into Comments field first, where I have plenty of room to edit in the necessary semicolons. When you have more than three or four Actors and are pasting, oh, 15 or 20 more into the Actors field, its takes a lot more mouse pointing accuracy/labor to always get mouse to exact end of the entry box. Remember, I am moving mouse from Firefox window with IMDB movie in one tab and TCM db entry for same movie in another - back to MMW window, paste, insert ; and space, back to browser window, select/copy something, back to MMW and F10, about 30 or more times for every film I'm tagging.

Josh
EberhardPerry

Post by EberhardPerry »

In my eyes, It's the only program I've found that's able to handle nearly all the video extensions I have, and it's the only one that I've found that lists multiple actors as a individual entities. :wink:
inpariswithyou

Post by inpariswithyou »

EberhardPerry wrote:In my eyes, It's the only program I've found that's able to handle nearly all the video extensions I have, and it's the only one that I've found that lists multiple actors as a individual entities. :wink:
No doubt, it's certainly the best program I've found so far for movie tagging and upkeep... but it's a shame the program, which is called MEDIA Monkey, not Music Monkey, doesn't really prioritize movie support.