Auto Tagging From......

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

lrankine

Auto Tagging From......

Post by lrankine »

Been having a little trouble when using Auto Tag from Web for disc two of two disc sets. The function works great for Disc one but I can't figure out how to tag disc two using this feature. I've been having to do it manually for each track. Any help would be appreciated! :D
Lowlander

Re: Auto Tagging From......

Post by Lowlander »

You should try to do it for all discs on the Album and deselect Track# to be updated. This normally works to get all other (than Track#) tags tagged. You can use Tools > Script > Auto-Increment Track #s if you need to modify the Track#.
lrankine

Post by lrankine »

AHHHHH! Think I may have figured out what I was doing wrong. So I should rip both discs first as "unknowns" and THEN do the auto tag feature?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

FreeDB doesn't find results for the discs? I'd not rip them as unknown and instead enter data manually when FreeDB doesn't have the disc.
lrankine

Post by lrankine »

No, it usually finds the data and when it doesn't I can usually find it using the search function within autotag from web. The issue is trying to auto tag Disc number two in the set. Autotag works fine on the first disc but once that's done and I insert the 2nd disc it will try to tag it just like Disc 1. In other words I can't find any way to designate/identify Disc number 2 as the 2nd disc in the set from within the Autotag from Web search. Does this make sense?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Auto-Tag from Amazon doesn't provide disc# information even though the Amazon website often does have this information. There is nothing MediaMonkey can do about that. You can try alternative taggers though: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ip#p316877