MM Window Size Changes After "Run as Administrator"

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

JimCn

MM Window Size Changes After "Run as Administrator"

Post by JimCn »

Just installed Ver 4.1.0.1692. After running MM as an Administrator, to get MM installed as a service for UPnP/DLNA, the initial window size is reduced - a lot. I tried editing the MM.ini file, but no luck. I completely removed and reinstalled. Same issue. Everything acts normal until I run as an Administrator, after that, I can't get the initial window size to where I want it. If I resize the window, close and restart, the window size is small again. This is not a major issue, because I can easily resize, but I'd like it to open to the same size so all the plugins I'm running look right. Any suggestions?
JimCn

Re: MM Window Size Changes After "Run as Administrator"

Post by JimCn »

More on this. If I exit from MM while the window is "maximized" and the re-start, it will come up full screen. But if I close MM while the window size is just under "maximized" down to a certain size, after a restart, it will open to, what I will call a "compressed size". But if I close MM while it's minimized to my tool bar, or any size smaller than the "compressed size" it will restart to that smaller size or to my tool bar. So, there's a range of window sizes that are not "remembered" when I exit MM. I tried a regedit for the main window, but no luck there either - changes had no effect.
joshb

Post by joshb »

Me too! I was about to post about this bug. Here is how I describe it:

MMW is not set to "install as service" :
Run MMW - it correctly remembers its window size and position from last time it was running, and after PC reboots.

MMW is set to "install as service":
First run of MMW, its window position resets to top-left of monitor, and window size resets to 1024 pix wide by 720 pix high
(or close to that, this is best I can do with a quick screencap of it).
I reposition and resize the MMW window to how I want it, exit and restart: size and position are remembered, but reset again after PC reboot.
JimCn

Post by JimCn »

joshb,

That is exactly what is happening to me. I installed the 4.1.1.1703 and have the same issue. Tried deleting registry key {HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>MediaMonkey>Interface}, but no luck. Also deleted MediMonkey.ini file, again no luck. I then tried to set the size in the registry {HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>MediaMonkey>Interface>V4>Forms>FMainWindow} to something other than height 734 x width 1020. This didn't work either, the values just returned to 734x1020 when I restarted MM4.

Have searched the web, but can find no solutions.