Auto-Tag from Web does not display

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Etherknight

Auto-Tag from Web does not display

Post by Etherknight »

I am using Media Monkey v4.1.5.1719 (GOLD) on Windows 7.

When I ask MM to Auto Tag from Web, the selected results do not display in the 'select which fields to use' box, though I can chose a result from the drop-down search field.

I have tried multiple albums, searched multiple databases (Amazon US, Discogs, etc), and am even now using a clean install of MM.

Though MM had been enabled for access through my firewall, nothing changes when I lower the firewall entirely.

I am at my whits end. Please help.

-Jeremy
MMFrLife

Re: Auto-Tag from Web does not display

Post by MMFrLife »

Have you tried this several times with different tracks and albums?

Auto-Tag needs at least the album field and maybe also the artist to be tagged already.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Etherknight

Post by Etherknight »

I have tried with a number of different albums, including those with full tags already.

Previously, when nothing on the album has been tagged, I have found I could enter either the Artist or the Album into the search box, and this would work in the place of existing tags.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Do you have real-time shields/monitoring enabled with your antivirus?
If so, temporarily disable and try auto-tag again. Probably a long shot, but sometimes
av progs can mess with the slightest little things.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Peke

Post by Peke »

can you provide screenshot?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts