opening EQ when streaming causes stream to restart

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

devolution

opening EQ when streaming causes stream to restart

Post by devolution »

I'm using MediaMonkey 4.1.9, but I noticed this in 4.1.8 as well. When I am streaming a radio station (via a .pls file downloaded from the station's site), it works fine until I open the EQ (using CTRL-ALT-E), at which point the stream continues to play, but a second instance starts over the top of the first. Once the buffer runs out on the first (about 10 secs), it stops and the second continues to play, or at least that's what I think it happening. The two overlap for about 10 secs and then the first one stops while the second continues.

I can reproduce this reliably...every time I open the EQ, as a matter of fact.
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum
rovingcowboy

Re: opening EQ when streaming causes stream to restart

Post by rovingcowboy »

make the setting in mm to only allow one instance of mediamonkey, see if that helps.
and start the eq all the time with mm. 8)
it does this because it is a playlist you are starting from another program, so it treats it like a song.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
devolution

Post by devolution »

I already have it set to only start one instance.

I can kind of see what you're getting at with the explanation. I have a playlist with the PLS file as part of the playlist, and I can see how it treats it like a song. I listen to this station regularly and have not found another way to get MM to start this stream and still keep it readily accessible for future access. It's still odd to me that opening the EQ would have that impact on the stream, since it does not do that when I am just playing songs in other playlists.
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

devolution wrote:I already have it set to only start one instance.

I can kind of see what you're getting at with the explanation. I have a playlist with the PLS file as part of the playlist, and I can see how it treats it like a song. I listen to this station regularly and have not found another way to get MM to start this stream and still keep it readily accessible for future access. It's still odd to me that opening the EQ would have that impact on the stream, since it does not do that when I am just playing songs in other playlists.
the stream has more lagtime then the files on the hard drive. that is my guess as to what is causing it.

roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi. 8)