Pluging/unpluging earphones jack

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

marceros

Pluging/unpluging earphones jack

Post by marceros »

Hello,

Sometimes I use an external speaker to hear my music, which I plug into the headphones plug.

If I am already in MMW and I plug or unplug the cable, the sound stops and I experience some strange behavior. I am not sure that I can tell what exactly happens in each situation (MMW is playing or is stopped) but the sound always stops and, in order to hear the music again, I need to restart the song or quit and restart the MMW. I usually try things until one of them works and, in the worst case, I quit MMW and start over.

Thank you,
Marcelo

MMW 4.1.14.1813
Windows 10
Peke

Re: Pluging/unpluging earphones jack

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This is known issue whem Windows change output from Rear Jacks to Front jacks when you plugin Headphones. Try to disable jack detection in Driver control app.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
marceros

Post by marceros »

Thank you very much for your response but my computer is a laptop and doesn't have a rear jack, only one jack. I assume that's the reason why the Realtek HD Audio Manager doesn't have the option to deactivate the jack detection.

Moreover, the problem exists also when I try to switch between the speakers and the USB audio device that doesn't seem to be Realtek.

Any suggestions?

Thank you again,
Marcelo
Unistrangee

Post by Unistrangee »

You can try updating the driver for the Realtek audio for your laptop. If it starts and stops that sounds like it could be a soundboard issue as well.