MediaMonkey freezes on add / (re)scan files :(

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

LX M

MediaMonkey freezes on add / (re)scan files :(

Post by LX M »

[I'm pretty sure this was asked and answered before :/ but searching for "freeze" + "add" yielded too many hits to handle, so pls pardon me if it did.]

Hello @ll,

recently, when I try to rescan directories, MM will freeze somewhere around 700+ tracks (of somewhere upwards of 45k).

Could someone point me to the troubleshooting steps for this occurence? (I'm using MM4 Gold on a Win10 environment)

Much appreciated, cheers - LX
dtsig

Re: MediaMonkey freezes on add / (re)scan files :(

Post by dtsig »

What version of MMW are you using?
Does it happen at the same place every time? It is usually a bad file.
You can do a debug log by following instructions found here
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
LX M

Post by LX M »

What version of MMW are you using?
MM Gold 4.1.15.1830
Does it happen at the same place every time? It is usually a bad file.
I'm currently trying to establish if it does / is. Thanks for the hint re
You can do a debug log by following instructions found here

Will let you know what I turn up.

Cheers - Alex
LX M

Post by LX M »

huh.
MM just opened the "send a bug report" dialog - but once I had pressed "Send" it crashed;
I don't even know if the report actually got sent or if it went down with the application :/

[add/edit:] OK, located the MediaMonkey.elf and submitted it to support via HelpDesk as > Ticket ID #JGV-190-85271
Toolshed

Post by Toolshed »

I also notice when overworking the program (say, updating tags on 8,000 files) that mine freezes as well. When it's actually playing a song and gets hung and plays only 5 seconds overandoverandoverandoverandoverandover, bahahaha.

I will have to try to do some debugging if I can find time. I would "ALMOST" agree with the bad file, but it also happens with 800 files it has worked with doing similar things without hanging as well.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That sometimes indicates you've bogged down the database too much. As most of MediaMonkey relies on the database it can cause problems if you have too many jobs going on. You may want to capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69

Also run File > Maintain Library with complete optimization once in a while if you experience slow downs in MediaMonkey.