Imported playlist removal

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Cienega32

Imported playlist removal

Post by Cienega32 »

Somewhere down the line, I was able to prevent the 'Imported Playlist' folder from created and scanned in. It came back and I can go a few days without seeing it so I'm assuming I create it somehow. It doesn't create with any general folder rescans/update

WHERE am I missing the option to stop that like I had it before?
Lowlander

Re: Imported playlist removal

Post by Lowlander »

It's created on scanning if you have MediaMonkey set to also scan for Playlists. Disable all the Playlist File Types from File Types in the Add/Rescan Files dialog.
Cienega32

Post by Cienega32 »

That's where it was. That should've been very obvious to me and it was one place I had looked. I think that may have been defaulted with an MM update recently? Every time I looked for the cause, I passed over that, thinking it was there before and I know I had no reason to change it after "solving" it the last time.

Thanks for the response - action taken. I'll also watch this with the next update.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That seems unlikely and hasn't happened here, generally settings are maintained with updates (unless it can't be avoided). It still is disabled here.
Cienega32

Post by Cienega32 »

And that's the way I've always remembered it as well. Good to know I'm alone - obviously a renegade fingertip or two on my end!

On a side note: I've been dabbling with MySQL for a side project - never used it before. I remember you or one of the other MonkeyMen Wizards mentioning about being able to convert the MMDBase to MySQL format. I did just to see what it (a real DB) looked like. :o Wow! That's intense and extensive! After seeing/self-learning how these simple, little MySQL Dbases of mine relate and work, I've definitely acquired a new appreciation for the depth of MM's DBase and the work that must have gone into it. Learning some basics and seeing the innards of the MMDBase certainly changed how I see my music and playlists in the media tree. It's a beautiful thing and well worth the price of admission!
Peke

Post by Peke »

If you are really getting into MySQL and other DBs I find https://www.navicat.com/en/products/navicat-premium one of the best apps ever worked with but also the price follows the quality.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Cienega32

Post by Cienega32 »

[Still no 'Imported playlists' so I blame the renegade fingers]

Hefty price tag! I'm more of an XAMPP and MySQL/MariaDB with phpMyAdmin kind of guy at the moment with RapidPHP for scripts accessing the data in the creation of M3u files, HTML with embedded players for a bunch of yearly BillBoard Top 100 hits type of thing - pure basics but much quicker and less drive wear than a recursive search for every song. It's been fun for my simple project but after seeing how the MM db is put together... wow. That's some serious stuff. I just have a table with all my music in it under columns that I need to search and match a song to but learning this is the fun part.