Create playlist

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

nimi31

Create playlist

Post by nimi31 »

Hi, I am brand new here, and as such a relatively new user to Media Monkey.

I'm starting to put a collection together for an online station I am working for, and am not convinced that the method I am using is the most effeicient.

We use Audacity to automatically normalise and truncate songs.

Media Monkey is then used to find out additional information such as: Artist, Title, Album, Year, Record Label, Genre etc, and any artwork.

For some reason the automatic tagging system seems only to work for the various Amazon selections and Discogs. For MusicIP and MusicBrainz Tagger it has never worked, most of the time giving "Page Cannot Be Displayed" or "song cannot be found", type errors.

The songs are selected individually and the data completed on that basis - is there a quicker way of processing?

For example, downloading Nirvana - "Nevermind" instead of just "Come As You Are" and automatically 'block-tagging' (if such a utility exists) every track, perhaps?

Also, I've noticed that the Genre and Record Label fields are rarely, if ever, automatically completed? Is this usual?

I should advise that the station focuses on Alternative Music and new, unsigned artists and bands, so I presume that for the most part, information would have to be found manually for the latter?

Many thanks in advance for any help or advice you are able to offer.

-nick-