Is there a way to move a song Up or Down within a Playlist in MM?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

riverboatsam

Is there a way to move a song Up or Down within a Playlist in MM?

Post by riverboatsam »

I have a MM playlist to which I've just added a song. Naturally, the song appears at the bottom of the playlist. Is there a way to move the song Up (to, say position 3) within the playlist? I've tried dragging & dropping, but that doesn't do anything. Thanks.
Peke

Re: Is there a way to move a song Up or Down within a Playlist in MM?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If playlist is static then yes Drag and Drop Works if Playlist is Auto-Playlist then no as playlists are dynamically generated and can't be manually changed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
riverboatsam

Post by riverboatsam »

This is not (I don't believe) an auto-playlist, which I am given to understand is either automatically created by the system defaults or by some user defined criteria. I created the playlist by Right-clicking on the song, selecting "send to", then "Playlist," then "New Playlist." Subsequently, using the same method, I added additional songs to the now existing playlist. Now, when I try to move the position of the song in the playlist, I click on the playlist, click on the song to highlight it, and then click-drag the song (which highlights each song in the playlist individually as the song "moves over" it), and then when I release the mouse button, nothing has been moved. Perhaps I am doing this wrong? I am using MM ver 4.1.23.1881, Standard Edition. Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Current version is newer: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =8811&sd=d

Drag & Drop should work and does so here. Have you tried restarting MediaMonkey?