Automatically Deleting Played Podcast Episodes

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

neumannu47

Automatically Deleting Played Podcast Episodes

Post by neumannu47 »

I have MMW set to "Customize subscriptions rules for this Podcast" for all downloaded episodes, "Delete episodes older than 1 month" "Only if they have been listened to" and "Always retain the 2 most recent episodes". I'm now listening to a podcast downloaded several years ago. After an episode plays, the "Last Played" column shows that the file played at the correct time, but the file is never deleted. Closing and reopening MMW didn't make a difference. How does this function work?

Lowlander

Re: Automatically Deleting Played Podcast Episodes

Post by Lowlander »

Is it associated with the Subscription and is it not one of the last 2 Episodes of the Subscription?
neumannu47

Post by neumannu47 »

Yes, it is associated with the subscription. It's not one of the last two episodes. I'm thinking it may be because I changed the setting after the episodes were downloaded, but that's just a guess. I used to never delete episodes, but saving them is getting overwhelming now.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You should be able to right click and remove the Episode manually from the Context Menu.

If you can reproduce (ie. play an unplayed Episode and have it not auto-delete) then capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/posti ... y&f=1&t=69
neumannu47

Post by neumannu47 »

Well, I logged in to do what you suggested, and the played files were deleted. There is obviously some sort of delay. Sorry for the wild goose chase, and thanks for the help.