Windows update to new version, MM can't find codecs anymore

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

freedomfries323

Windows update to new version, MM can't find codecs anymore

Post by freedomfries323 »

I've had this issue before, and came to this forum to receive advice to fix it, but this time, the fix hasn't worked.
Windows 10 was updated to 19041, and, as expected, I downloaded the corresponding media feature pack, and installed it. Even after a reboot, MM still gives me a missing codec error when trying to play an MP3 on my desktop. The same file plays fine with Win VLC.

I don't know what to do, but use another program?
dtsig

Re: Windows update to new version, MM can't find codecs anymore

Post by dtsig »

I use the mm codec and never have an issue .. have you tried that?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
freedomfries323

I'm tired of Windows. After reading some of the helpful posts, I found out there's an alternative codec available on MM's site. The MAD codec. I installed it... That should take care of this going forward, without having to reinstall a media pack every time Windows decides to update. I swear the moment Adobe makes software for Linux, Microsoft is going to go to the dumpster.
freedomfries323

By the way, for those who don't already know, the EASIEST and most foolproof way to install the correct Media Feature Pack in Windows 10 is do do it through the Control Panel, under Apps and Features... Select optional features and you'll be able to add the media pack from there.