[SOLVED] MM no output

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

DamagedDambus

[SOLVED] MM no output

Post by DamagedDambus »

Hi, mediamonkey has no output unless started from windows explorer. Tried all output plugins and everything else I could think of. MM works if started from a music file in explorer, not if started from the desktop an inconvenience that is exasperating. Windows 10 os, HDMI to receiver. Files play ok in Media player classic. Any help appreciated.
Lowlander

Re: MM no output

Post by Lowlander »

Perhaps you have 2 different installs? Check your settings in the Output Plugin that is enabled and make sure the correct Audio Device is set to be used: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... -corrupted
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
jpbmass2

Post by jpbmass2 »

I recently installed 4.1.29.1910 and have a similar problem. I uninstalled MM and then reinstalled with no effect. Songs play when opened with Windows media player. They appear to play when opened with MM, but no sound comes out of the speaker. I did check the Output plugin and all is OK. HELP
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If they appear to play then you may need to choose a different Audio Device (Tools > Options > Output Plugins and Configure the enabled one). You can also try switching Output Plugin to see if that works.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Another possible issue would be that your sound is muted, try to locate MM Volume setting and rise it or right click on MM tray icon -> Volume -> 100%

I have also seen that Mm volume was lowered in Windows Mixer (Eg. indows speaker volume in tray -> Open Volume Mixer
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
jpbmass2

Post by jpbmass2 »

Resolved -- not sure what happened but here is the sequence. Installed the latest version (but did not uninstall the previous) -- no sound. I then uninstalled MM and reinstalled -- still no sound. I turned off the computer, went to bed, turned back on this morning and everything works fine. I'm guessing that the uninstall combined with computer restart got me back on track.