Audio not redirected to Bluetooth

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

eitanc

Audio not redirected to Bluetooth

Post by eitanc »

Hi,

For long time when I used bluetooth headset, that support music streaming, with Windows 10, with MM.
While MM was playing music - When the BT device successfully connected to the PC - the music automatically was redirected from the PC speakers to the BT headset.

In the last weeks, possibly after upgrading MM - this redirect stopped working and even though the BT device is connected and working well (for example, I can hear in it audio from the youtube site using Chrome, from the PC) - The music from MM still goes to the PC speakers and not redirected to the MM device.

If the above issues happens and the I exit MM and open it again and I start the music play - the audio goes to the BT device.

It is as if MM is not "catching" the system event that a BT audio-enabled device was connected. It probably "gets" it only when it loads to memory.

Any idea how can I solve this?
Lowlander

Re: Audio not redirected to Bluetooth

Post by Lowlander »

Check what Audio Device you've selected in the enabled Output Plugin (Tools > Options > Output Plug-ins). You'd want something like Primary Sound Driver/Default Device and then it should switch along with Windows switching Audio Device.
eitanc

Post by eitanc »

Thanks Lowlander!

You suggestion fixed it!

My selection was "MediaMonkey WASAPI output" and I changed it to be "MediaMonkey DirectSound Output" (which inside its config the mode was "Primary Sound Driver") and now the audio switch from the speakers to the BT device as it connects. Thanks!!!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can switch Audio Device in WASAPI as well.
eitanc

Post by eitanc »

OK, thanks.