Tracks grey out when speaker disconnects

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

GRW

Tracks grey out when speaker disconnects

Post by GRW »

Having a really weird issue. A recent Windows update has caused an issue with the PC speakers and keeps telling me I am continuously connecting and disconnecting my speakers. I have to select that I have connected front speakers each time (I think using the RealTek driver) only for it to disconnect and repeat the process.

This is an inconvenience but no problem for mediamonkey as I Chromecast the sound to amp. However, today, a new issue has occurred. When the speakers "disconnect" whilst the Chromecast is playing the music, all the tracks in my library grey out!! Nothing will play until the PC speakers (which show as a speaker with a X by it because they are not in use) reconnect again and if they don't, the PC needs to be restarted. Rebooting a PC every few minutes to play music that needs no access to the speakers at all is bizarre. Anyone else seen this?
Lowlander

Re: Tracks grey out when speaker disconnects

Post by Lowlander »

Switch your Audio Device to Primary Sound Driver or Default Device in the enabled Output Plugin (Tools > Options > Output Plugins and configure the Output plugin in use): https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... -corrupted

How are you Chromecasting? PS. MediaMonkey 5 can Chromecast directly.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
GRW

Re: Tracks grey out when speaker disconnects

Post by GRW »

Directly? Really? That is something I have craved for a long time! I currently cast the desktop (and mute all notifications) which works well. I also find I get much better sound than using the HDMI cable too, even with a sound card tweaks.

Thanks for the advice, I shall check those later. Sadly, or should I say thankfully, I have been unable to get the disconnection to occur again so all has been well. It tends to happen for the first hour or two after the PC has booted up or wakes from sleep so I check it again in the morning.
System:
Dell Inspiron 3000 i5
Windows 10
GOLD LISCENCE USER SINCE APRIL 06 AND A LOVER OF ALL THINGS MONKEY !!!