Playlists - drive root replaced with [Windows]

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

garyjones

Playlists - drive root replaced with [Windows]

Post by garyjones »

Hi,

I've recently migrated the MM database to a new laptop and also upgraded to 4.1.29.1910.

All my music files are stored in a folder called "C:\music\" and this whole folder has been migrated across to my new laptop, so the correct paths to all the music files are exactly as they were before.

Now, MM can't find any of the music files in my manual (i.e. non-Auto-) playlists; the paths that MM reports for these files (that should all still start in "C:\music\") have changed to so that they now all start with "[Windows]\music". All these items in the affected playlists are greyed-out and cannot be played.

I thought I'd be clever and export the playlists as M3U files, edit them and re-import them, but when I try to export them to do this, no file is created on disk.

Playing and exporting the music from the main nodes (Artist, Title, Album etc.) in the Media Tree work fine, and the AutoPlaylists also work fine. In both these cases the paths all still start in "C:\music\"; it's just the manual (non-auto) playlists that have the problem.

Any thoughts/suggestions how I can fix this?

Thanks.

Gary
Lowlander

Re: Playlists - drive root replaced with [Windows]

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey uses driveID which needs to be updated in the database when changing computer or hard drive: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... w_computer
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
garyjones

Re: Playlists - drive root replaced with [Windows]

Post by garyjones »

Thanks for the quick reply, that's resolved it.

I don't really understand why the issue affects manual playlists but not the main database entries (which pointed just fine to the lifted-and-shifted folder on the new laptop).

But... happy that it's all working now.

Thanks again.

Gary