Playlist issues

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

m.pipik54

Playlist issues

Post by m.pipik54 »

I recently upgraded to MM4 Gold.

I haven't seen answers that work for me before in this forum.

I have created several large auto-playlists using selection criteria. Several things happen or don't happen when I want to play randomized tracks.

I click on the playlist on the Media Tree and select "play now."
I have the shuffle on and the "ignore shuffle" on the Tools Options un-clicked and the playlist sort order is Random.

Each time I want to play a list it starts at the same track or sometimes a track it recently played and goes through the same group of tracks which are not random--I have several hundred different albums and dozens of artists but it always plays a few artists at the same time. That isn't random or shuffled.

So I would like to know if I have to change a setting somewhere or whether this is a limitation of MM4.

Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: Playlist issues

Post by Lowlander »

If you play a Playlist it will start at the same file, Shuffle does not influence the first track added. However after that you should see random playback.

Alternative to Shuffle is add the files to the Now Playing and use right click in Now Playing and use List > Randomize List from the Context Menu. Also: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?p=113431
m.pipik54

Post by m.pipik54 »

It wasn't just the first file that was the same it was all the next dozen or so which is when I stopped it the playing.

The reason I have a playlist is so that I don't have to add files to a NowPlaying list.

Which brings me to another how do you get NowPlaying panel to work: I try to drag files to the NowPlaying panel, I select the tracks I want and they don't show up. Is there something has has to be checked or unchecked?

This software has a steep learning curve and not enough documentation.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

it is as easy as select and drag'n'drop where you want them.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

I hope to be able to help with that.
Note the setting: Shuffle

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
m.pipik54

Post by m.pipik54 »

Thanks for trying.

I must be really dense here, but I can not get any track into Now Playing. I tried dragging them and it doesn't happen. I don't seen any tracks listed as you show.

I tried shuffle and continuous and all sorts of combinations using my playlist and I still get the same few tracks playing.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

See also the instructions for MediaMonkey: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... ontent/4.0

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
m.pipik54

Post by m.pipik54 »

Thanks for trying folks, but I just don't understand this. Too confusing for my senior mind.
I'll use it as best as I can.