Accidentally removed an artist from the artist list?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ceero

Accidentally removed an artist from the artist list?

Post by ceero »

Hi everyone, I hope someone will be able to help me with this weird issue i bumped into.

I was doing some music cleanup and I was deleting the duplicates. Something happened and I have accidentally deleted a whole artist from the artist navigation (Music/Artists/ARTIST). I'm not sure how I managed to do it, but I probably went ahead and clicked delete while being clicked on the artist in the navigation tree list instead of being on the specific track to delete.

Now the weird thing is, the music did not really get deleted, nor removed from the Mediamonkey library. If i manually search for the said artist, the search results will spit out all the music from this artist, he is just missing in the artist tree. And I am trying hard to find a way how to get him back into that list. I have tried to manually rescan the folder in windows where the music is stored, but no success. Someone has an idea how to resolve this?
Lowlander

Re: Accidentally removed an artist from the artist list?

Post by Lowlander »

Do the files have the Artist value in the tags? The Artist node is populated by Artist values used by the files in the MediaMonkey Library.
ceero

Re: Accidentally removed an artist from the artist list?

Post by ceero »

Yea they do. The artist still disappeared somehow

edit:: I managed to find a workaround. I manually searched for the artist, bulk changed the artist name ID3 tag to something XYZ. XYZ appeared in the artist tree! So I renamed XYZ back to the original artist name and its back there as it should be.
It does indeed look like the artist ID3 tag initially disappeared, but it really has not. Weird.
Last edited by ceero on Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.